Mild nausea

Katie M.
on 11/14/13 6:48 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

I'm 4 weeks post op tomorrow and for the past three days I've had some mild nausea. Not enough to make me think I'll be sick, just a general feeling of "Hmm I don't feel so good". It doesn't seem to be tied to any food or activity, and it comes and goes. I haven't had any nausea up to this point and no issues with food. Anyone else experience nausea that starts like this? Any idea of safe things to take? I thought about emailing the nurse but figured I'd ask here first since I won't get a reply from her until tomorrow at the earliest. Thanks!!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/13 7:01 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

I think I felt that way from time to time. You have to remember that at 4 weeks out yours still doing a lot of healing. I think you have been pretty lucky that you have only felt that way for the last few days. As for something you could take perhaps gravol if  it gets bad enough. 

Big Hugs Deb

Katie M.
on 11/14/13 7:04 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Thanks, Deb. I didn't think it was anything to be too alarmed about, especially since I've had no issues thus far. But good to hear it from someone else, just to be sure ;)

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

burg_vs
on 11/14/13 7:12 am

I had that too after surgery, not in the beginning but around the 3 or 4 week mark.  It didn't last long.

Katie M.
on 11/14/13 9:09 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Hopefully it won't last long for me either :) Thanks.

munchkinn
on 11/14/13 8:53 am

peppermint tea or ginger in ho****er may help with your nausea.

Katie M.
on 11/14/13 9:10 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Oh wow, how could I forget about peppermint tea?! That is what helped pre-op, if it was mild nausea. Thanks for the reminder :)

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/13 9:06 am - Straford, Canada

I found my nausea in the first few months was solved with eating a small amount of food. My pouch was telling me it was hungry, after a few weeks I just fed it when I was feeling a little off.  To this day when its time to eat I feel a little nauseous.  Pre RNY I never had this feeling, especially when hungry!  

Katie M.
on 11/14/13 9:12 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Hmm. I don't think it's hunger for me - it happens at all stages of the day. Between meals, right before meals, right after meals. Comes and goes without any real cause. Maybe it's just things healing and adjusting inside. It would be nice if it was hunger - still don't feel a thing going on down there and if I don't set alarms on my phone I forget to eat at all!

PepperBB
on 11/14/13 9:35 am - Canada

Thanks for posting this...the past 2 days I have been a little "off" with my stomach.

I am not sure what it is, but when it does happen, I have been taking a rest, usually lay down for a little while.

Katie H.

Referral January 2013 - Orientation at TWH March 4  -  Social Worker May 27 - Nurse Practitioner July 11 - Nutrition Class August 26 - Dietitian September 4 - Psychologist September 4, Meeting with Surgeon September 13 - Surgery October 28

Most Active
Recent Topics