Attention span of a flee!

Mandalious
on 12/13/13 1:29 am - Canada
RNY on 12/03/13

I feel brain dead!! 

Im so foggy!  Get annoyed easy, randomly crying sessions, burst of energy them poof I need to nap! 

Im getting my vitimins in, mineral are going in too.. Eating of. And getting the water in. 

But WOW... The rest of it is a trip! 

And my fingertips look I have dishpan hands 24/7 what's up w that???

Referral May 17 '13 / Orientation June 17 '13 / Meeting w Dr Hagen June 26 '13 / RN,RD,SW July 31 '13 / Dr.Glazer Sept 3 '13/ Sleep Study Sept 5 '13 /2nd app w Dr Hagen Sept 16 '13 / F/U w  Dr Glazer  Sept 23 '13 / PRATTS Nov 14 '13/ Surgery Dec 3rd '13

Katie M.
on 12/13/13 1:52 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

That was all normal for me! By about a month post op things started to get back to normal. On days I don't hit my protein goal I definitely feel the energy slump though. Some days I still have the attention span of a flea ;)

The prune fingers are common too. Someone told me it was a sign of an electrolyte imbalance but I still don't know if that's true. I like to think my fingers are shrinking :p It's kind of gone away for me at 2 months post op, except when I'm cold then they wrinkle up!

Hopefully you start to feel better soon! It's all normal, hang in there!!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Mandalious
on 12/13/13 2:24 am - Canada
RNY on 12/03/13

Thanks hun. Glad I know the wrinkle fingers will go away.  I can't wait to ditch this fog. 

I been losing 1-2 lbs a day for the last week. Today I dropped only .2, I'm only 10 days out of sugery.. I hope it doesn't slow down already.. 200 lbs to go to goal :(

Referral May 17 '13 / Orientation June 17 '13 / Meeting w Dr Hagen June 26 '13 / RN,RD,SW July 31 '13 / Dr.Glazer Sept 3 '13/ Sleep Study Sept 5 '13 /2nd app w Dr Hagen Sept 16 '13 / F/U w  Dr Glazer  Sept 23 '13 / PRATTS Nov 14 '13/ Surgery Dec 3rd '13

aidan
on 12/13/13 3:15 am - Canada

Oh I soooo remember that feeling....I was a disaster for a couple of weeks! It gets better I promise.

LilyBugsMommy
on 12/13/13 4:42 am, edited 12/13/13 4:43 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

I would get your B12 checked. Although, you don't have to wait to get it checked to take more B12. It is water soluble (sp?) and you will eliminate what you don't need. Google low B12 signs and symptoms.

I had these issues about 6 months out and my B12 was very low. I thought I was taking a form (oral) that I could absorb and found out I wasn't absorbing it (or at least, not enough of it). Usually, RNYer's need to take sublingual, nasal spray or injections in order to absorb the B12.

I now take a sublingual pill everyday and feel much better. Mood swings and fogginess went away after a couple of weeks of taking the sublingual.

Oops-sorry, didn't notice you were so early out-yes, it may just be the whole process of the surgery then :)

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

Hennagirliegirl
on 12/13/13 5:27 am - Canada

Ever hear that saying: “You have the attention span of a flea”?   So I wonder, just how long is that really? One second? Five minutes? I would assume the cliche’ is referring to a rather short period of time as it is commonly used in a derogatory way.   Are fleas capable of paying attention to anything in their miniscule flea world anyway? It would seem to me that their entire goal in life was to do nothing more than keep themselves bloated full with life-giving blood and pro-create. Do you need much interest to partake in either of those two activities if you are a flea?   This small dalliance into the world of a flea has illustrated the point of my conversation this time around. I seem to be side-tracked very easily lately. While my physical body would enjoy nothing more than sitting in a cozy chair, preferably near a fire, a nice glass of some warm or warming beverage nearby, latest novel in hand; I cannot seem to concentrate for a long enough period of time to obtain that semi-nirvana like “vegged out” state.   Speaking of “vegged out”, my lifestyle change into the land of meatlessness seems to be in a holding pattern. While the goal is still fresh and exciting, and while I have been trying to equip my pantry for and with a stockpile of easily reached and ready items to facilitate my endeavors, I have quickly found I need the room in my cupboards and refrigerator occupied by my son’s “stuff”, in this case his food. I am patiently waiting for his things to be removed so that I can set up my system in a truly organized and user-friendly way, thus allowing and encouraging my headlong move into the vegetarian lifestyle.   Speaking of my son, this may be the final weekend of his “I just graduated from college and have nowhere else to live so I need to come home with all my stuff until I have a job and some money” return to the childhood home. No complaints on my part, in either direction: the coming home or the leaving again. He has been an excellent returning son but I know it wasn’t his first choice after 4 years of independence at college and he has been anxiously awaiting the moment that he could live like the true adult that he is, out from under the still watchful eye of mom.   Speaking of college, I just received an email that my latest college course is open online and ready for my attendance. I will be taking my anthropology interest to the next level. After studying how cultures and populations interact and react to the world and the world’s response to said cultures, I am now jumping backwards into evolutionary theory. New class format, new college, hope I like it as well as the last one…   Speaking of college still, and noting that we, meaning my husband and I, are finally able to say that our last child is on the road to independence also. Senior year of high school and sophomore year of college all rolled into one and complete next June 10. The future archaeologist is the reason I am enrolled in Biological Anthro. We are taking the same class, just at two different colleges. When she leaves next fall (assuming she will go to her first choice school), it will be just husband and wife at home. That is not really a situation I am relishing. I will then truly be left with no one to talk to except the cat.   Speaking of the cat, she is not happy with all the changes going on around her, namely that Al is now back in school and that Jeff is taking his computer chair away. I think she also senses a change coming in the seasons. She is the type of cat *****lishes (that seems to be a favorite word in this post) the sun and loves being outside on warm days. We will be loosing those soon and she is constantly seeking to be outside, almost trying to stockpile what she can of the late summer, early fall warmth.   Speaking of fall, this makes me realize just how close we are again to Christmas. Speaking of Christmas makes me want to entertain, not really sure why. Speaking of entertaining makes……….   Off to check Facebook now, or maybe get some breakfast or……   About these ads   Share this: Twitter1 Facebook1 Email Google Like this: RelatedLet's re-visit the feet and update the cat pee adventures In "arthritis"Tuesday Writing Prompt: Impatience In "blogging/writing"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? In "random musings"

Test

new_me180
on 12/13/13 12:05 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I have prunny fingers too and my hands and whole body are DRY. I look like bark and it seems like I haven't seen lotion. I was foggy too in the beginning and for me personally sick, so everything didn't go to plan, just started feeling better at week 6. I feel more like my normal self. I haven't had any crying sessions but, I felt like fighting everyone, literary. Old or young, I don't segregate, lol. Hope you feel well soon.

Most Active
Recent Topics