lumpy protein

Katie M.
on 12/14/13 4:17 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Thanks everyone! I wasn't sure if the lumps were normal or just a bad case. my aunt is the one with the costco card so I'll have to see if I can get her to go back with me. It's a waste of $20 if I just toss them so hopefully I can return them!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/13 1:40 pm

sounds like a bad batch -- never had that before.

diane48
on 12/14/13 2:10 pm
RNY on 05/07/13

Yea, I've had that happen before and just took it back.  Costco is great for returns.  I've been having the Premier shakes for the past couple of years and have only had to return a couple of cases even though the "Sell by" date hasn't expired.  Costco also has the powdered Premier shakes that are pretty good. 

Focal
on 12/15/13 7:23 am - Peterborough, Canada

If you are getting a lot of lumpy ones I would return the case.  I have used a lot of RTDs and a few seem to turn into goo if they are getting close to the expiration dates.  I found the premier ones to be the worst of all of them,  Like mentioned above keeping them cold seems to keep the lumpy ones to a minium though.