nsv :)

Katie M.
on 12/15/13 9:25 pm, edited 12/15/13 9:26 pm - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Just have to share a little nsv with everyone, as I'm quite pleased with myself! I really love photography but at the size I was before surgery, it was tough to do. I did a portrait session at the end of September for my niece, brother and my sister in law who is pregnant and we went outside, so I had to follow them around. I was tired, hot and sweaty, frustrated and mad at myself within half an hour.

But on Saturday I did a portrait session for a family with a six month old, and then that night went to shoot my dad and cousin's band who were playing at a bar. The portrait session in the afternoon would have been progress enough - I could sit on the floor and get up with relative ease, bend down to get to eye level with the baby - but I went to the bar, was all over the place in and out of people, stood by myself without feeling awkward, and took pictures without feeling conspicuous. It's amazing what losing weight can do to your confidence. I'm only a little over 60 lbs down and I can't believe all the positive steps forward I am making, I can only imagine where I will be this time next year. Or even in the spring! For me to go to that bar to take pictures even two months ago would have been impossible - they never would have even asked me to do it. But now it wasn't even a second thought. Sure I was nervous, but once I got the camera in my hand that all melted away. It was pretty great :) 

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Patm
on 12/15/13 9:32 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Great NSV. It is amazing how our confidence grows as the weight comes off.

Katie M.
on 12/16/13 2:16 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Sunny123
on 12/15/13 9:41 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Only 60?? No - amazing 60!! Way to go Kate. I think a lot of great things are headed your way!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Katie M.
on 12/16/13 2:17 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Haha I know, "only" 60. I guess because I have so much more to lose 60 lbs feels like a drop in the bucket. But it's the most I've ever lost in my life so I shouldn't say it like that!!

Thank you!! :D

Hennagirliegirl
on 12/15/13 9:48 pm - Canada

Way to go!

Terr

Test

Katie M.
on 12/16/13 2:17 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Thanks! :)

Needanewbeginning
on 12/15/13 9:50 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

What a fantastic NSV. WTG!! It's amazing what a confidence booster loosing this weight can do. Your doing so great!! Congrats pal! 

Annette angry

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Katie M.
on 12/16/13 2:18 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Thanks so much! Every week I am shocked at how the weight loss is changing me, and all for the better :D

libra1
on 12/15/13 10:00 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Amazing progress Katie! Soon you’ll be hanging off tree limbs to get just the right shot.

Congratulations!!

Most Active
Recent Topics