micro needling on loose skin

Corinna H.
on 1/2/14 9:27 pm - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 07/03/13

Has anyone tried this? I know that loose skin is a part of the weight loss experience. I drink my water and work out 5 days a week so I doing my best to combat changes to my body. I still feel ok with myself but was just wondering if there was anything else to do.

Microneedling or derma rolling - like tiny needles that trick your body into thinking the skin is damaged and then tries to heal the skin and produce collagen. Something like that...I am certainly no expert.

If anyone is doing it, or has done it; I would love to hear what you think. Thanks.

Corinna

HW: 293.4 SW: 261.4 CW: 161 Referral - Dec 5/12.  Orientation: Feb 21/13. Upper GI and Ab u/s March 7/13. RN, NUT, SW Apr 8/13. 1st appt Dr. Klein Apr 11/13. fu NUT May 2/13. Dr. Glazer May 27/13. 2nd appt Dr. Klein June 3/13. Opti June 19/13. PATTS June 20/13 . RNY - July 3, 2013   

Laurie C.
on 1/3/14 6:54 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Hey Corinna:

I have never heard of this procedure before but it sure sounds to me like an easy way to a huge infection. 

I wouldn't think the loose skin would heal very well as the blood supply isn't as good.

Make sure you check it out really well.

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/14 7:38 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I've only ever heard of it being used on the face.

Most Active
Recent Topics