Frustrated...

Mandalious
on 1/5/14 8:20 am - Canada
RNY on 12/03/13

I see Dr Hagan tomorrow, my one month follow up. I have lost 48 lbs since Nov 5th. Been in a stall the last 2 weeks, keep going up 2 lbs, down 2 lbs.  It is messing w my brain!

beside that, I am so over family and friends, co workers alway asking me if I lost weight, why am I in a stall? How does that exist? Are you sure you aren't over eating or secretly eating. I'm tired of all convo I have is about WLS.  Hello! Talk to me about anything but just this.. It's part of the reason why I haven't been around here.   I just feel overwhelmed, sad and frustrated all at same time.

to think I have to return to work next Tuesday makes me wanna feel like a panic attack is gonna happen.. I'm not ready!!  My job is stressful x5, once I'm back I am back. I don't have a supportive of team, and they are already " joking" w me on FB about wait till I'm back I will have to hussle cause they are making me make up for my time off.. Trust me. They will. Going back next week is the most crazy time of the month. Urgh

my energy levels are so low also. I don't know if Dr hagan would give me till feb 3 off . I have the time to take. URGH... 

Why am I not losing weight!! Yes I'm weighing, yes I'm measuring, yes I'm walking and getting a min of 90 g of protein and usually get 4 water a day.. 

Referral May 17 '13 / Orientation June 17 '13 / Meeting w Dr Hagen June 26 '13 / RN,RD,SW July 31 '13 / Dr.Glazer Sept 3 '13/ Sleep Study Sept 5 '13 /2nd app w Dr Hagen Sept 16 '13 / F/U w  Dr Glazer  Sept 23 '13 / PRATTS Nov 14 '13/ Surgery Dec 3rd '13

Northernlightsmom
on 1/5/14 8:51 am - Canada

Mandi,

I so feel for you. Like all we go through isn`t hard enough without everyone and their opinions on something they know nothing about. I am preop so I haven`t endured the stalls but from what I hear...they are in store for me too. You are already doing so well....losing 48 pounds in just two months. As far as everyone`s unfair expectations...try and let it roll off your shoulders. Your weight will come off when your body adjusts to the stress it has been through. Tell those that ask about your weight loss that it is coming off but you are not providing a play by play. Don`t let work throw you off your path. Put yourself first! You deserve it.

Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you. Take care.

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

Mandalious
on 1/5/14 9:48 am - Canada
RNY on 12/03/13

Thank you for the support.. I appreciate it. 

Referral May 17 '13 / Orientation June 17 '13 / Meeting w Dr Hagen June 26 '13 / RN,RD,SW July 31 '13 / Dr.Glazer Sept 3 '13/ Sleep Study Sept 5 '13 /2nd app w Dr Hagen Sept 16 '13 / F/U w  Dr Glazer  Sept 23 '13 / PRATTS Nov 14 '13/ Surgery Dec 3rd '13

Nanato2
on 1/5/14 8:59 am, edited 1/5/14 9:01 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Mandy

This is Lynn Melissa's mom first off don't panic/stress you are normal we all went through the dreaded stall sometimes you are in a stall for a week or even a month it is your body catching up to the changes but during this time you are still losing you are losing inches. 48 pounds since Nov 5th  that is great when was the last time you lost that much weight that is something to be proud of.

Returning to work there is no problem if you feel you need more time off then ask the doctor to give you more time. I took 8 weeks off because like you I have a high stress job and had low energy till about 6-7 weeks when I started to feel normal again.

As for those friends and family don't give them the information when they ask how much have you lost etc. say I would rather not say at this time and would like not to discuss. I was lucky people I knew didn't do this they knew I set small goals for myself like when I lost my first 50 pounds then I told whoever asked I would share with them plus they would see the changes and they would comment on changes.

Set small goals for yourself don't look at that goal weight the centre sets for you. Celebrate the small goals.

Remember you are doing great you are not doing anything wrong this is normal process.

Lynn

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

(deactivated member)
on 1/5/14 9:16 am

ditto - don't give them the information.

Mandalious
on 1/5/14 9:52 am - Canada
RNY on 12/03/13

Hi Lynn!  

Awww thank you ((( hugs ))) 

I'm gonna come out to the next meeting on the Danforth. Hope to see you there.

I hope he will write me off until Feb 3, it will put me at 8 weeks also. I have iron issues anyways, maybe it's what slugging me down?? I am gonna ask for it off at least. I have the time, I just need it written from him. 

I feel like I need the rest of Jan to focus on getting my eating figured out, building my stamina. 

Thank you for the chart. Just ready for it to be off me already.. 

Nanato2
on 1/5/14 10:04 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13
Are u taking iron and B12 sometimes you need to take both.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Mandalious
on 1/5/14 10:14 am - Canada
RNY on 12/03/13

I am taking b12 and just starting to take liquid iron again.

Nanato2
on 1/5/14 10:19 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13
Good don't stop taking the iron.

(deactivated member)
on 1/5/14 9:15 am

you need to give yourself time to health.  please -- if there is any way for you to get the extra time off, can you please take it??

i know what you are talking about. stop being superwoman.  listen to your body.  you know what you need to do. your doctor will give you the time off -- guaranteed (or else have him call me and i'll tell him where to go).

new beginnings 2014: you come first.  crying

Most Active
Recent Topics