Stomach - flu - preparedness

merry1
on 1/7/14 1:16 am - Canada

With all this flu going around, does anyone know what we need to do if we get it?  How do our pouches cope with it and what can we take to make it better?  Things we should be aware of?  Some of my neighbours in my condo are starting to be concerned about it.  Are we at a greater disadvantage for any reason if we get it and should I stock up on anything to make it better?  I just like to be prepared....had the flu shot but one never really knows what to expect!

Anastasia_Marie
on 1/7/14 2:09 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 11/20/13

I got the flu at 4 weeks post op and it was the fastest flu I had. However every person is different. Depends on how good of an immune system you have. I took some gravol for nausea and drank lots of fluids and I was fine within about 18 hours

Referral December 3/12 ~ Orientation April 24/13 ~ Nurse Practitioner May 27/13 ~ Nutritionist May 31/13 ~ Social Worker June 3/13 ~ Sleep Study June 24/13 ~ Ultrasound June 27/13 ~ Sleep Study Results August 20/13 ~Nurse Prac. Appointment September 10/13 ~ Surgeon Appt. Dr. Glazier & Dr. Hagen October 16/13 ~ Pre-Surgical Class October 23/13 ~ PATTS November 7/13 ~ Surgery November 20/13

cutekatie
on 1/7/14 10:05 am
RNY on 05/16/12

I had the flu last week. It was horrible but not any worse then before I had surgery.

I took tylenol cold and flu (from the label everything in it was safe for me to take with my RNY). I drank diet gingerale. I had soup.

I did throw up once and that was horrible because I guess fluids move through your stomach so fast that even though I had 1 litre of water about 30 minutes before, by the time I started throwing up there was nothing in my stomach so it was dry heaves (sorry for the TMI).

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Most Active
Recent Topics