Almost 6 wks post op

munchkinn
on 2/24/14 11:11 pm

Hi everyone,

I haven't been missing in action too much. I am on here reading your posts almost every day.

So how have I been? Pretty darn Great! I have had a pretty good recovery so far. In all honesty, I thought that I was going to be having a lot of trouble for at least the first week, pain, discomfort, being very tired. I haven't had any pain except in my lower abdomen for about a week, I may have pulled a muscle. The most discomfort I had was just from the staples pulling a little when I slept or stood up, but nothing really. Being tired, I may have had a nap the first few days (not a long one either) but nothing since. I had a little problem with vomiting about 2 weeks ago. I had trouble keeping my breakfast down. I had my 1 month follow up at my clinic and was given a different stomach pill and have had less problems.

I started walking per my surgeons recommendation. I was doing really well and was getting into a good grove then at my follow up I was told that I was able to start exercising. I mentioned that I walk for an hour every day and I make sure that I don't sweat. I was told that I may be over doing it. I was kind of taken back by that so I didn't exercise as much last week. This week is a new week and I have decided that my body was able to handle it before so I should be alright doing what I had been doing. I must have been overwhelmed when visiting with Dr. Reed because I can't seem to remember when I am allowed to start sweating again. I feel as though I can walk faster on the treadmill than I am and just want to go for it at times. :)

I have been concentrating on protein lately as I started to eat real food (soft) just a week and a half ago.  Slowly introducing new foods into my diet in preparation for going back to work. I had been given just over 3 weeks off from the surgeon but work wanted a note and so I held off on that until my follow up appointment. At the clinic the Dr. said that I had to be off for 2 more weeks to get the vomiting under control and let my insides heal a little more. I was disappointed with that due to the fact that I was going crazy being at home all the time. I live in what feels like the middle of nowhere and there wasn't a point in going into town to see friends too often since they were working and I wanted to be home to have dinner with my husband. So, back to work next Monday.

When I started Opti fast I was 267, Day of surgery I was 254 and I am now 231. I was a little bigger than this when I started my job 13 years ago. I feel wonderful and I look forward to seeing where my journey is going to take me.

Fay

Most Active
Recent Topics