Question for the vets

MadMax1010
on 2/25/14 10:12 am - Collingwood, Canada
RNY on 02/06/13

I just got a message from the clinic where I had my one year check up at the start of the month, well it seems that one of my liver function tests came back slightly elevated and she said it could mean am developing a gall stone, well I don't have my gall bladder. Should I be concerned?

Diminishing Dawn
on 2/25/14 10:47 am - Windsor, Canada

It's fairly common during your first year to have elevated liver enzymes especially if you lost a lot of weight.   They will probably monitor it.   Don't panic   

Take a look at this thread. 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/4376500/elevated-liver-enzymes-post-RNY-anyone/action,replies/topic_id,4376500/page,1/

some me people say Splenda or Tylenol affected it.  Maybe you'll find something helpful.  Your numbers may just go down on their own  once you go into maintenance mode.  I've seen a lot of people talk about this and it resolved on it's own.  Keep us updated 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

MadMax1010
on 2/25/14 7:47 pm - Collingwood, Canada
RNY on 02/06/13

Thank you Dawn!

Monica M.
on 2/26/14 12:03 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

yeah, what Dawn said. no need to worry excessively at this time. they'll monitor you

Mary A.
on 2/27/14 1:33 am

at least you know they are looking and reading your results~!!!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics