Sad and True...a tale of a trip south

Buckeye
on 3/6/14 10:41 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/26/14

Love that vision and can't wait...congrats on your weight loss

2Bhappy4me
on 3/6/14 10:46 am - Canada

Hey Buckeye, I am going through Hamilton as well.  I am just starting my journey. My orientation is in APril.  Keep me posted on how you are doing. Good luck

Buckeye
on 3/6/14 10:49 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/26/14

For sure, did you join the Hamilton FB page?

Leafchick17
on 3/6/14 12:11 pm
RNY on 04/14/14

So great to hear from you Buckeye, you are well on your way to a new chapter.  So happy for you.

Jessica

Orientation Hamilton: July 22, 2013 Ultrasound: December 18, 2013 Bloodwork/ECG: January 29, 2014 Nutritionist/Social Worker/RN: February 12, 2014 Gastroscopy: March 4, 2014 Internist: March 6, 2014 Surgeon: March 13, 2014 (cancelled by clinic) Echocardiogram: March 19, 2014 Rescheduled Surgeon: April 1, 2014 SURGERY: April 14/14

kathie1212
on 6/18/14 1:16 pm - Stoney Creek , Canada

Hamilton fb page ???? please share!!!! I know what your talking about in this post I also went to dr thiswinter and   Cuba with the kids in the spring on the trp to Cuba we all had seats together so my shall we call it spillage not the seat next to me was no big deal as it was my son who doesn't care. how ever hubby and I were across from each other on the way to dr. and I was beside a gentleman who made boundaries very clear so I literally sat on my hip the entire trip it was so humiliating. but hopefully this will be a thing of the past soon for both of us

reliena
on 3/6/14 1:03 pm - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 05/06/14

I too try to cover my shame and pain with humour... I feel for you so much in this post! I feel a low level of this pretty much every day on the ttc and in living normal life. When I'm on vacation it just doubles it. My main reason for this journey is health, but not just physical - mental! Constantly being judged, stared at, laughed at, etc takes a psychological on all of us, especially if it lasts years.

The good news is that with the tool we'll soon have, this is going to be a thing of the past! I'm also looking forward to hearing your NSVs :)

Referral 08/13, Orientation TWH 09/18/13, SW 09/26/13, NP 09/26/13, Surgeon Appt 12/13/13, MRI 01/06/14, Nut Class 01/14/14, Nut 01/20/14, Scopes 02/21/14, Psych 02/25/14, Dr. Urbach 03/28/14, PATTS 04/15/14, SURGERY 05/06/14!!! 

Buckeye
on 3/6/14 10:38 pm - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/26/14

The humour gets me thru some days, I could write many pages about daily life obstacles but we all have them...we will get there soon...and I cannot wait!

dolce1968
on 3/7/14 2:48 am

I hear you my friend, been there done that....and never went back, was so ashamed when some young women started and giggled at me simply because I pretty much got stuck in my chair and fell back looking like a beluga stuck between a rock and a hard place...my heart sank and i stayed in for the rest of my trip....

Hubby did get ticked off with one girl and said, at least my wife is beautiful inside, that is the least I can say for you or any of your friends, and when the weight does come off, she will not only be beautiful inside but on the outside, unlike you!  That kept them quiet for awhile

I'm with the others, post your second chance, would love to hear all about it

sublimechick
on 3/6/14 10:36 pm - Canada

I love how deep you went into it!! I was the exact same way. If I do not go down south at LEAST once per year, I cannot function. I usually go 3 times though now. ***** Cana, and Cuba are the main ones now a days but I have been around. So I know what you are talking about. 

One time I fell, and as I am disabled it was hard for me to get back up. So I guess the people thought because I was 300 lbs, I was a heffer and struggled to get off the ground at my 3-4 attempts and they blatantly laughed at me. They did not even try to hide it. Then obviously walked past me and carried on. People can be so cruel!!!

You will feel so much better and this will not happen to you anymore after the surgery. That is the good news. This will be in the past and you will have so much confidence and feel amazing!!

Referral sent Sept 2012 -Info Session -January 7 2013.  Surgeon (Dr. Huynh-HRRH) February 5 2013. Dr. Glazer, Nurse, SW and NUT -> March 25 2013, May 1st, Surgeon, Patts-June 6. SURGERY JUNE 26 2013!! 100 lbs gone in 4 months!

Buckeye
on 3/6/14 11:10 pm - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/26/14

I am the same, we cruise once per year and do all inclusive once per year and have in recent years not been excited the days leading up to it, which is really sad...I am now just travelling to make my wife happy only and not because I enjoy it. I would much rather stay home and close where I control my surroundings i.e. Eating at restaurants that have open chairs like east side Mario's and not get stuck in a booth.  Can't wait to travel and enjoy again, I will likely cry when that day comes. Sad but true...

Most Active
Recent Topics