Sad and True...a tale of a trip south

sublimechick
on 3/6/14 11:25 pm - Canada

You will cry tears of joy!!! Knowing you can sit in an air plane seat and just the regular seatbelt, and likely still have belt leftover. That you can walk down the beach for a while, jump in the water and swim, then walk all the way back to your room without that extra feeling of being out of breath, tired, sore etc. Also eating a small portion on your buffet plate, where EVERYBODY ELSE are the ones eating lots of food and nobody will even look twice at you as they are the ones doing it!

My fav part of the new me-is when I am down south actually!! not being so ashamed in a bathing suit. Feeling HAPPY while away and not embarrassed as I always was for years!!

I cannot explain how amazing it is. I really can't except to tell you that it WILL Happen and I am soooo happy for you when it does! And I hope to see more on your journey on this site!!! 

XOXOX

Referral sent Sept 2012 -Info Session -January 7 2013.  Surgeon (Dr. Huynh-HRRH) February 5 2013. Dr. Glazer, Nurse, SW and NUT -> March 25 2013, May 1st, Surgeon, Patts-June 6. SURGERY JUNE 26 2013!! 100 lbs gone in 4 months!

marymo362
on 3/6/14 11:55 pm
RNY on 03/18/14

I am laughing through my tears...... your humor shines through and yet I hear the rest of what you are saying. I feel it. Until I started my most recent journey towards WLS in November, and joined this site, I never ever knew ANYONE else had the same thoughts, fears and (depressing) anticipation for chairs, buffets, pools, public etc like I do. I just never thought about it, because I have been consumed by my own trepidation about my size. Buffets---"what is the fat lady eating" ; chairs "how am I going to fit in that"  getting to a restaurant first so I can request a table, not a booth.  so on and so forth. Running errands early in the morning so I don't have to see many people.  I could go on but won't! 

tuesday March 18th is my surgery date.  Life changing in SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many ways.

I am proud of you and I am thankful that you saw your way through to write this post. I will never forget it and I will watch for your continued success.

Namaste, 

Mary 

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

Buckeye
on 3/7/14 12:06 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/26/14

Thank you Mary for the kind words and support, many people don't see and feel the pain...this board and the people here make the journey so much easier...here's you our new journey, life, and memories...

Most Active
Recent Topics