Mexico

Philbrow1
on 4/30/14 3:11 am - Stirling, Canada

Hi I'm Canadian from the Belleville Ontario area. I'm in need of reassurance either way good or bad. About gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico. If you could please share your experience or advice I'd greatly appricated it. Thank you 

GonnaBeSlim
on 4/30/14 3:17 am

I don't have experience with Mexico, but was wondering why you'd choose Mexico if you are Canadian and can get a bypass, here, covered by Ohip.  Is it the wait?

Philbrow1
on 4/30/14 5:58 am, edited 4/30/14 6:00 am - Stirling, Canada

Yes it's the wait. An also the price an my work schedule the summer is my slower time for work. I haul livestock an I need to be 100% back to work by sept. As that's our fall rush.  

GonnaBeSlim
on 4/30/14 10:23 am

I understand about work.  The price, though-  OHIP denied you?  That sucks.

good luck!

G.

Philbrow1
on 4/30/14 10:48 am - Stirling, Canada

No ohip didn't denie me I've been waiting 3 mths just to get a interview with them in Kingston an I'm tired of waiting. Plus if I can get it done when the company is slow it's the better 

Cookies-and-Cream
on 4/30/14 4:37 am

there is a lot of info on Mexico forum on BariatricPal, much more than here. Or ask to join Team Illan on Facebook. Great group, lots of info

Philbrow1
on 4/30/14 6:03 am - Stirling, Canada

Thank you I will do just that. Appreciate your suggestion.  

musiqsoulchild
on 4/30/14 10:47 am

Ok my aunt lives near Belleville in Moira, anyhow I went to mexico to have my surgery done no regrets. The hospital i went to was called hospital angeles it was really nice super clean and a marble interior anyhow thats not so important...my surgeon was dr. lopez corvala but here on this site the spelled lopez wrong as lopaz anyhow my surgery went great the nurses take excellent care of you you are there to be monitored and looked after for 5 days... cons you meet the surgeon 2xs and there isnt any after consoling/ care when you leave so i joined this help group here because of that. the total cost usd was $6500.  

Philbrow1
on 4/30/14 10:52 am - Stirling, Canada

Ok cool well if you go visit your aunt maybe we can grab a coffee.thanks for the reply I'd love to find out more about how your doing if you would do it again that kind of thing as well maybe we could support each other 

musiqsoulchild
on 5/1/14 8:30 am

sure but coffee would be a hard thing to pull as I'm living in Houston now...lol I grew up in Buffalo so I lived on the border and spent a lot of time in your neck of the woods. but either way I know this forum helped me when I experienced something called the "foamies" about 3 weeks in. It was one of those things I didn't really see/ hear much about when watching  other vsg video diaries on youtube but so far its the most uncomfortable side effect I've gone through so far. Its like dry heaving or throwing up but instead of vomit its like foamy saliva. when it happened I panicked but found other people in the forums here talking about it and that helped to cool down my anxiety. TMI? anyhow, any questions you have I have no problem discussing. I don't have any regrets doing it though, I've struggled with weight from childhood to now and I feel it was truly a good decision. 

Most Active
Recent Topics