Surgery in Guelph

cutecanadiangirl
on 5/1/14 7:48 am

Hello,

Anyone have any hotel recommendations for ones that are close to Guelph General? Cost doesn't really matter, just needs to be super clean.  Also, anyone have any advice on having surgery in Guelph?  How was your experience?

Thanks! 

csmith74
on 5/1/14 9:28 am

Hi!

I had my surgery in Guelph. The nurses I had were excellent and very accommodating as I have 2 children and my boyfriend brought them down for a visit and they were able to stay a bit longer than the visiting times. I am very happy that I chose Guelph to have my surgery and I'd recommend them to anyone who is thinking of having surgery. As for a hotel recommendation, when I went for my pre-op appointment, the nurses mentioned that if I was staying down the night before, they had a hotel close to the hospital that they recommend (sorry I don't remember the name of it as I drove to the hospital the morning of my surgery).

Good luck with your surgery!

Connie

Caroline K.
on 5/2/14 12:53 am

Hi, I can't help you with a hotel recommendation; but, I had surgery there last week. Very nice staff and overall a good experience. The one surprise was that they kept me two nights (I was expecting one) and I was doing well on the second day. Don't let them rub the site where they give the blood thinner injection! I have four huge bruises from that, and one of the nurses said that shouldn't have happened--I only had tiny bruises from her injections. Be prepared to be woken up frequently for blood pressure/temperature checks. It's a bit noisy, even in a semi-private room, and ear plugs can only do so much...

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

Most Active
Recent Topics