Cold feet

Cartysmom
on 6/2/14 6:26 am - Canada

Hello everyone, I am starting my opti on June 13 and my surgery is booked for July 4. Im wondering if anyone felt "cold feet" once you got your surgery date? Ive been working towards this surgery for 3 years and dont wanna "chicken out" but im having fears....just wondering if this is somewhat a normal response???

Caroline K.
on 6/2/14 7:23 am

It's *very* normal. This is major surgery, after all, and I've read lots of similar posts on the main RNY forum. I didn't get nerves, but that's because I'd finally accepted that this was my last option, since dieting and working out were no longer enough since I was always hungry when I brought my calories down to where I could lose weight.

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

sellarsgal
on 6/2/14 7:54 am - Oshawa, Canada

It's normal to be nervous. This surgery is a big deal, but I have read many posts from people saying they are so glad they had it done. Most say they wished they had had it a long time ago. How would you feel if you didn't have it? 

HRRH -Orientation Nov  25, Dr. Sohi Jan 17, RN,SW,Dietician Feb 19, Dr Glazer Mar 5, Dr Sohi March 12. Surgery May 28th

KathC
on 6/2/14 9:24 am

Lol right up to the point they were admitting me I was saying ohhh I don't think I can do this!! the nerves are normal. You will do great!

My second chance... November 15, 2012

Diminishing Dawn
on 6/2/14 9:55 am - Windsor, Canada

Yes it is often referred to as the "two week freak". Keep busy. 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Cartysmom
on 6/2/14 10:31 am - Canada

Thanks everyone!!! Im glad this is somewhat normal, i know i need this and i am excited for the after surgery part!! I appreciate evefyones replies and support!! I will definately try to keep busy:)

JujuYama
on 6/2/14 10:51 am

Before I was scheduled for my surgery I was so nervous (mostly since I had never been under anesthesia before.) But once it was scheduled, I was eerily calm. I knew this was the right decision for me. And I couldn't be happier with the results so far. 

You'll do great! 

Surgery Date: 4/14/14    HW: 313   SW: 300   CW: 155    GW: 140

purplequeeny
on 6/2/14 11:02 am - Mc Calla, AL
VSG on 06/12/14

Yes Yes Yes, my surgery is in 10 days and my nerves are starting to go crazy.  I know that this is the right thing to do for me.  Everyone says this is normal.  Best of luck to you.

HW 350 SW 309 CW 150 Surgery 06/12/14 I admit I'm a scale addict.  My life is now amazing and God is guiding me thru every step of the way.

providence
on 6/2/14 11:26 am
RNY on 03/20/14

This is a normal reaction to the stress of having major surgery. I too was eerily calm once I got my surgery date, but that was because I too knew that this was my last shot at losing some of this weight. So far no regrets. Best of luck to you, it will all go well and you will be glad you did it (most days) LOL.....All the very best to you! :)

Robyn R.
on 6/2/14 11:53 am - Bowmanville, Canada

I too was strangely calm & excited when I was booked. My 2 weeks of Opti ebbed & flowed (literally).  My surgery was on a Tuesday. Thank god my hubby took Monday off as I was a nervous wreck. Actually considered staying on Opti for a longer time frame (what was I thinking right?). Surgery day arrived, I was a moody bugger. Waiting outside the OR & Dr Hagen comes to see me before surgery. He is running ahead of schedule, so my time is bumped up. YIKES !  He asks how I'm feeling & I respond "scared sh**less". Dr Hagen is always a gentleman & responds, you'll be fine everyone is scared before surgery. He also said I won't regret it & he is right, I don't. You'll be fine nerves are normal

Referral Summer 2012, Orientation June 10/13 HRRH, Dr Hagen July 3/13, Dr Glazer, RN/RD/SW September 19/13, Dr Hagen October 10/13, Surgery January 21/14

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/370613/tickers/robynrne2b9ddd6b097c6ab0185ec57651b7f22.png?1392080601

HW 290  Opti Start Weight 280.9  Surgery Weight 264.8 CW 207

Most Active
Recent Topics