Full feeling & hiccups/burps after eating

OneByte
on 6/15/14 6:35 am, edited 6/15/14 6:37 am - Milton, Canada
RNY on 05/21/14

I'm just over 3 weeks out and on puréed. I'm trying to get a better understanding of what I'm feeling and I hope someone can help.

I had one (medium) poached egg and two soda crackers for breakfast this morning. I've had the similar before (even with a large egg) but didn't feel the same as I did this morning. About 90 minutes after eating I started feeling really gassy, burping and some hiccups. It was almost non stop for 15 minutes. I didn't have any water after eating. It eventually passed but even 4 hours later, I still "felt" full from breakfast. And there was some burps too.  Haven't felt this before so far on puréed. I probably could throw up if I tried but not feeling nauseous. I don't feel anything else - no headache or sweating or rapid heartbeat.  Is it possible something is stuck or just having trouble going down?

I realize the other thing might be that I'm eating too much.  

LilyBugsMommy
on 6/15/14 8:00 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

Sometimes I burp a lot or have hiccups if I eat too fast or too much. I am 15 months post-op.

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

OneByte
on 6/15/14 8:17 am - Milton, Canada
RNY on 05/21/14

Thank you for the reply. I had a feeling that could have been it too. I don't take 40-60 minutes, as it mentions in the paperwork, but I'm not wolfing it down either. Guess I'll work on my time and see how it goes. 

Patm
on 6/15/14 9:50 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Everything you ate sounded dry. May have need some sauce or something to make it less dry

Most Active
Recent Topics