New Clothes

Soon_to_Shrink
on 7/4/14 3:02 pm

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions.  I already have a great belt from Land's End.  It is designed with holes around the entire length so it will fit whether you are a size 2 or 22. Plus it is real leather and made to last.  I guess I'll hold off on the new clothes for now but can't wait until I can buy my clothes at the grocery store like everyone else;-)  A little VV and vintage shopping will keep me occupied for now.

RenaDawn
on 7/8/14 3:52 am - Canada

Don't forget a Tailor can be your best friend! Instead of buying new clothes right away, are there a few pieces you could get taken in?

Orientation June, 2013. Surgery May, 2014 at TWH with Dr. Jackson.
HW - 296  SW - 278 CW - 214

Paula1965
on 7/8/14 4:14 am
VSG on 04/01/15

I've noticed when losing weight in the past, that I dropped a size for every 20 lbs. lost until I was about a size 16 then I dropped a size for every 10 after that. Thrift stores were my friend as I was losing. Sad that I gave my skinny clothes away after losing 100 lbs. about 5 years ago. Will be starting the journey again after the 1st of the year (first time with WLS though).

lalalalaura13
on 7/8/14 5:26 am - Toronto, Canada

I find with every 20+ lbs, I'm dropping another size - I was a 30/32 at my largest and I just bought a smaller pair of shorts (now a 24) online at OldNavy.  By mid May I had lost 82 lbs - don't know how much I've lost now but I've been losing inches all over - and I'm just hitting my three months next week.  My bras are now getting bigger in the cups (thank god) but I can always stuff them (my god!) to hang on to them a little longer if need be.  Bras can be so expensive.  I've been telling everyone here at work that Old Navy is having a clearance sale right now (online) - they have great sales and their plus sizes go up to a 5x. 

Karen M.
on 7/8/14 8:01 am - Mississauga, Canada

If you have a Costco by you, they sell Calvin Klein bras - 2 pack for under $30. Very good support and quality.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics