Gout on Opti?

Soon_to_Shrink
on 7/11/14 2:16 pm

So I have 4 days of Opti left to go and not finding it too bad except that I have developed got in my big toe.  I had this once before on Bernstein and was told to drink more water.  I'm getting lots of water and other fluids in.  Anyone else have this problem and any solutions other than drinking more water and NSAIDS - cause I have to stop taking Advil soon.  I'm a bit worried that if I can't get rid of it pre-surgery it will only be worse later.

Karen M.
on 7/11/14 10:03 pm - Mississauga, Canada

So sorry about the gout - terribly painful. Before taking anything I would contact your centre to see what they recommend with you being so close to surgery. A walk-in clinic would be able to treat it and prescribe something effective for you, but I'd be nervous to take anything without asking first.

Hope you feel better soon!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

NorthernStar
on 7/12/14 12:06 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Sorry to hear about that! Gout can be so painful. Unfortunately when you start losing weight your body can product uric acid which builds up and causes gout. I never developed gout post-op myself, but the uric acid levels in my blood were off the charts and I later found out it was because I was producing it (not because I was eating it).

I totally agree that you need to contact your centre before taking anything. Best to be safe, but certainly don't suffer if it's not necessary. There may be something perfectly safe to take.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Most Active
Recent Topics