Having bad calf muscle cramps..

Philbrow1
on 7/12/14 2:33 pm - Stirling, Canada

I had my gastric sleeve done on July 4. An every so often since the surgery I have terrible calf cramps on both my legs is this normal??? I'm drinking a lot of water an also pedi lite freezes an drink 

anyone??

Soon_to_Shrink
on 7/12/14 2:41 pm

I'd be inclind to get it checked out by your Dr.  It could be something not so serious like low calcium - my mother has to take calcium supplements to get rid of the cramping.  But it could be more serious like blood clots particularly if there is any swelling.  Worth a trip to the Dr for peace of mind.

Philbrow1
on 7/12/14 2:49 pm - Stirling, Canada

Thanks yes I'm going to do that first thing in the morning I also put a phone call into the surgeon an just waiting for a call back. Thank you for answering me. I'm just a worry person 

Patm
on 7/12/14 11:44 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Blood clots are usually hot on your skin. I would try upping your potassium either with bananas or supplements

Dreamy74
on 7/13/14 1:14 am
RNY on 02/04/15

Philbrow1 I agree with Pat - I had this a few years ago and it was due to low potassium.  My doctor prescribed me bananas and kiwi fruit and to take a supplement if I couldn't get them in each day and it helped.  I hope you feel better soon!  xo

Philbrow1
on 7/13/14 1:19 am - Stirling, Canada

I started drinking coconu****er as I'm still on a liquid portion of my post op phase. Thank you for replying 

Most Active
Recent Topics