Looking for a soft spot on the bench

Soon_to_Shrink
on 7/18/14 4:44 am

Had my surgery on Wednesday and was back home late this morning.  Seems they don't always tell you about all the things available in hospital e.g. Warn blankets, ear plugs, self serve kitchen etc.  I certainly know more know but hopping this is a one time only event.  Surgery went well, nursing staff were great but you still feel like your mid-section has been run over by a Mack truck!  Slowly working on a premiere protein shake and sipping water.  No regrets yet, off all diabetes meds so very happy with my choice.

Catw
on 7/18/14 4:59 am - Arnprior, Canada

Welcome to the bench.  I haven't heard the Mac truck analogy yet, but have heard the 500 sit ups analogy.  Same idea.  It will get better, honest.

Sip sip, walk when you can and try to putt putt.

Cathy

Patm
on 7/18/14 5:09 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Glad all went well. Take it slow and you will eventually feel better. It is definitely major surgery.

Karen M.
on 7/18/14 5:16 am - Mississauga, Canada

Being hit by a Mack truck was the exact analogy I made when referring to my first 3 days post-op. lol After that, all it did was get better! Welcome to the bench :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

NewMe2.0
on 7/18/14 7:04 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

Moving on down the bench for you!  

Welcome.  Glad you are doing okay....I get the mack truck feeling...I passed a kidney stone the day after my surgery...but it gets better.  And great news about your diabetes meds. 

Happy healing...

• Referral:  Feb 2013/ Guelph  
  • RNY May 20th 2014 (Dr. Bhojani)                                                                         
  • 2nd RNY (revision due to marginal ulcers) Aug. 10th 2015 ( Dr. Bhojani)  
  • Revision to VSG (marginal ulcers): March 22nd 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)
  • Total Gastrectomy:  Dec. 15th 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)

Pegasus_AM
on 7/18/14 12:05 pm

Congratulations on getting through your surgery, making it to a soft spot on the bench and getting off all your diabetic medication that must have been so exciting :-) Hope your feeling better soon and have a quick and speedy recovery. Look forward to hearing all about your future successes.

Referral May 14th/14, HRRH Orientation Aug/18th/14, Surgeon (Dr.Starr) Appt Nov/28th/14, Clinic Nurse,Social Worker, Dietitian Dec/15th/14, Dr.Glazer Feb/5th/15, OptiFast Feb/16th/15, PATTS Feb/17th/15, Surgery March 2nd/15 HW 230, SW 202, CW 130

Almostthere1966
on 7/18/14 1:35 pm - Canada

shiftttt shifttttt and shiftt aain there ya go a nice warm spot on the bench and welcome. Friendly and comfy and we dont even miond a few rooten toots :)

Take care and Have fun

I know you have heard it but best beginning info is sip sip sip, walk walk walk and toooooot toot tooot oh yeah and sleep good cause that first night home is so nice

Kathy

Most Active
Recent Topics