That was rude.....

4-Jane
on 7/30/14 9:53 pm - Canada

Spinning class holy, way too early and well all I can say is that was rude.   How do others do it?

Respectfully Jane
Monica M.
on 7/30/14 10:15 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

i cannot.

kellybelly333
on 7/30/14 10:43 pm - Toronto, Canada

Rude? LOL. I love it, and I plan on learning how to instruct in the next year. Did you get your bike set up properly? Also, did you feel pressured to go as fast as the instructor? I found that when I first started out, I liked to hang out in the back and go at a slower pace, and then I gradually increased. Now i'm in the front, following along with the instructor, and learning for my hopeful future endeavours as an instructor :-) 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

NorthernStar
on 7/31/14 12:54 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Wait until tomorrow when you can't sit down!

I enjoy spinning class, my biggest obstacle is the next-day butt pain. It really kills those sitz bones. I'm not an AM exerciser though so I have to hand it to you for getting up and getting out there, way to go!

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

4-Jane
on 7/31/14 2:08 am - Canada

No pressure and it was a very small class, yes the instructor helped to set up the bike.  But clearly those seats were designed by flaw.  Women need to redesign the seat as then just maybe the activity might be more likely to get me and others out again.  That was just plain rude, I did not find it hard on my legs or hips but the pain to my but and vagina area was well ....just rude.  I know probably tmi but honestly I'm not one to suger coat the truth.   And now I'm more worried because if tomorrow it's worse yikes no wonder there were only three others..... 

Respectfully Jane
kellybelly333
on 8/1/14 1:41 am - Toronto, Canada

LOL. How do you feel today? I'm going to guess not great. My lady parts are well used to it, I guess. I have noticed other ladies bringing padded seats too. Maybe you could give that a try? 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Nanato2
on 7/31/14 2:50 am, edited 7/31/14 2:51 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

I started spinning classes after I had WLS and I love it. I started slow the instructor showed me how to set up my bike correctly and told me again and again during the classes beginners to take it slow and before you know it I was keeping up with the class. 

Go at your own pace and don"t turn the dial up every time they tell you to do it and in time you will see how easy it becomes. Oh and some women go and buy a padded seat cover and put it on the seat.

You can do it.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

hibbyangel
on 8/1/14 2:33 am - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

lol..I have sat..ran jumped climbed and carried on through this fitness journey I am on..but there is not pain like the pain coming from a spin bike..my butt and crotch hurt SOOO freakin much for DAYS afterwords..In other words..I would rather various other forms of self inflicted torture! 

Most Active
Recent Topics