Feeling sick in opti...

Sassy75
on 7/31/14 12:13 am - North York, Canada

Hi everyone, so I a on day 11 and for the past couple of days, every time I drink my shake, it is fine going down then about 30 minutes later I feel like I want to vomit. Had this happened to anyone before??

DeeMishka
on 7/31/14 1:02 am
RNY on 08/08/14

Omg I'm glad you posted this because I have been wanting to but thought maybe it was to much information then what people would want to hear. I have been like this since the first one I drank last Friday the 25th. I can only handle 2-3 shakes a day because they make me feel so sick and I usually end up throwing up and it's not the taste because I don't mind the taste of both chocolate and vanilla. And just like you it's usually about 20-30 mins after I drink the shake but when I get about half way done my drink I have to run to the bathroom because I have diarrhea. I've been suffering from migraines and the shakes and I don't think this has anything to do with caffeine because I've never been a big caffeine person and my weight loss hasn't been very good I've only dropped 4lbs and then yesterday it said I gained 1lb and I'm not sure how that happens when I haven't eaten and I'm only getting like 500-700 calories because somedays I don't get past the 2nd shake. 

Catw
on 7/31/14 1:07 am - Arnprior, Canada

Are either of you alergic to asperatime (sp?).  Talk to your clinics about the nausea & vomiting, they may want you to try something different.

Cathy

DeeMishka
on 7/31/14 2:55 am
RNY on 08/08/14

I am unsure about the allergies I was going to contact my centre but didn't want to give off the impression I can't handle it. I know it sounds bad but I just want to get the surgery done and start to move forward with this journey.

Sassy75
on 7/31/14 3:38 am - North York, Canada

You know, I was honestly thinking that maybe it was just too much artificial sweetener cuz I have never ingested it in large volume before. I notice too that my face an ears get really hot an red around the same time I feel like I want to get sick. I also, didn't want to call and complain, I thought I would just tough it out. 

DeeMishka
on 7/31/14 5:08 am
RNY on 08/08/14

I contacted my surgeons office today and they said there is another diet I can do but I have to wait for the dietician to call me back if I don't hear anything I'm just gonna stick it out. I would have thought for such little calories being taken in I would have lost more weight but hopefully next week will be better for weight loss and no crazy symptoms.

Maricw
on 7/31/14 2:49 am, edited 7/31/14 2:50 am - Oshawa, Canada

This is day 8 for me ..had a mild headache off and on for a few day....I can get the shakes down but once I take the first one I don't wanna eat anything... I. Could live on one all day until I start getting weak and realize I have to push myself to get 2 more in...they are very heavy on the belly...I would feel like I wanted to vomit but realized it only happened when I added flavour to them... So now I just mix the chocolate and vanilla together because I can't get the vanilla down.. As for the scales they are all over the board ..one day down ,next day back up a few...today shows 11lbs gone... I just want the shakes gone and clear fluid to start lol.. Feel better Ladies ...

Referral - October 3-2013 /  Family Dr. Confirmed - October  31-2013 /  Orientation call - November 11-2013 / Orientation (HRRH) -November 25-2013 / 1st  Surgeon Appt (Dr Huynh) - January 14-2014 /  SW/RN/RD - January 17-2014 / Dr Glazer March 25-2014/ 2nd Surgeon Appt (Dr Huynh)- April 10-2014 / Surgery date - August 7-2014

Urbanlamb
on 7/31/14 5:48 am - Canada

I'm on day four, and I have an itchy red rash on my face (little tiny bumps).  I've also developed quite a few painful tiny pimples around the nose and edges of the lips.

I'm just sticking it out...17 more days to go.

Referral Oct 2012~Orientation May 31/13 at Ottawa Civic~Dr.Dent assessment July 16~Nutritionist and Behaviorist Sept 17~ Ultrasound Oct 17~Second appointment with Nutritionist and Behaviorist Nov 6~Approval for RNY!!~BLADDER CANCER DISCOVERED~Currently undergoing treatment for cancer, plans switched from RNY to sleeve...~GOT DATE FOR SURGERY...AUGUST 18th, 2014 with Dr. Yelle*....February 7/17...2.5 years post up and doing great. Starting process for OHIP funded panniculectomy...

Sassy75
on 7/31/14 8:47 am - North York, Canada

I called my centre today but didn't get an answer. Left a message so now I wait. We will see what they say. It just seems to get worse with each shake :( 

Blueiiis
on 7/31/14 11:51 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Try mixing it with more water, and ten when it's down try not to think about it.  Or mix it with a different flavor could help. I am digging the chocolate mixed with coffee, about 8 ice cubes and another half coffee cup of water. Blend that up and it's actually good. That is the only way I can take the chocolate as it leaves an awful taste in my mouth. Even after scrubbing my teeth and tongue furiously after drinking it.

hang in there. We only have 10 days to go!

Most Active
Recent Topics