Nestea Zero Post Op?

Blueiiis
on 8/19/14 11:08 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

I have been craving iced tea.... Can we have this post op? It has a little caffeine in it from the tea, but people are allowed to drink tea so.....

Karen M.
on 8/19/14 11:23 am - Mississauga, Canada

If your plan says that you can have tea (with caffeine), then you can have Nestea Zero.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Blueiiis
on 8/19/14 11:43 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

That's the thing, it doesn't say decaf. Just says tea.  Same with pre-op, as long as the coffee or tea was black it was ok and did not say decaf.

think I will phone the centre tomorrow morning for clarification as I don't want to mess this up.

Karen M.
on 8/19/14 11:45 am - Mississauga, Canada

Good idea. I'm surprised they didn't specify. Also, I was surprised to hear the other day that tea was allowed - they seem to be steering clear of caffeine these days. Be sure to post what you find out if you wouldn't mind. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Blueiiis
on 8/20/14 12:01 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

I have put in the call, will let you know what the dietitian says!

kimber291
on 8/19/14 12:09 pm - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Hi there,

If your through Humber,  we are supposed to be drinking decaf coffee and tea.

Kim

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

Catw
on 8/19/14 9:09 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Ottawa said Nestea Zero was fine.  There is also a Crystal Light Iced Tea that you can get as well.  I drink both.

Cathy

Valerie G.
on 8/19/14 11:05 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Caffeine is known to slow healing, so if you can get decaf, do so for the first few weeks.  I brewed decaf tea bags to make my iced tea and they tasted like the real thing.  Some also say that caffeinated beverages shouldn't be counted towards your fluid intake.  I'm not certain of the validity of that concern, myself, but I drink about a gallon a day, so I'm covered either way.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

tg2013
on 8/21/14 4:53 am - Ottawa, Canada

I as well found a craving for ice tea . I emailed three manufactures which promote diet ice tea or Ice tea zero. All three replied back with the nutritional info. Lipton's has caffeine. Nestea zero has some caffeine and President's choice diet ice tea has no caffeine.

Troy

Most Active
Recent Topics