Suggestions and advice and how you did it! Thxs

Julz1974
on 9/19/14 4:55 am - Bowmanville, Canada

Hi peeps, thanks for reading. I am having surgery out of town on Tuesday. I am in hospital till Thursday and then have to stay in a hotel till at least Sunday. I got a room with a full kitchen, fridge and counter space so I can have room for stuff I need and not have that stress. Good thing is I can drive from here so would like to shop and take things in a cooler right to the hotel. So with that I was wondering... What are the suggestions I take with me for that time...I no it is a liquid diet but what counts as liquid? Is Apple sauce liquid enough? Is any baby food ok? Cream of soup or just broths? I am just lost and hitting panic mode I think. Do I start on the protein shakes as soon as I can? Curious to read how you managed and made it through.... thanks again everyone, I probably sound like such a whiner on my posts but I am OMG ing bad...so sorry. on the plus, day 11 on Opti and weight is down 12.8 lbs at weigh in at Dr this morning, not to bad!

Karen M.
on 9/19/14 5:18 am - Mississauga, Canada

First, VERY best wishes for Tuesday! You're in excellent hands in Montreal ;)

About the eating: give the surgeon a call/email and ask him. Every food plan is different and I'm not sure what your surgeon will require post-op.

Let us know how you're doing please,

Karen :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

4-Jane
on 9/19/14 11:57 pm - Canada

I took the suger free jello cups from the hospital and the juice cups back to the hotel room the juice was mixed with large amounts of water.  From home I brought instant cream of wheat which I did not use,some suger free apple sause, which I did not eat, and two protein shakes.  Because I had to be well enough to fly home I drank some of the protein shake, on the day I was to travel home, I mostly drank water.  I was given a narcotic pain killer but had brought regular strength Tylenol which I used instead of the pain killer, I also drank clear broth which I brought in those small packets.  I did not pay extra for a kitchenette but asked for a small fridge, I brought a portable electric shake mixer and the hotel provided a small kettle vs coffee maker.  The shake mixer was for my opti shakes as I had to make two in the room.  I would have loved to have brought protein powder and may have made more shakes but I had bought those pre maid premier type and hated them from the start. If you can bring some unflavoured protein powder so that you can mix it into whatever you eat.  It's a big deal when your travelling many bring a pillow for the drive and stop often to walk, be well

Respectfully Jane
Most Active
Recent Topics