Dating after surgery

Zizzler
on 10/18/14 6:14 am

I hear what you are saying but still wonder whether people go on there just to make fun of some of the ads?  Am I being paranoid in saying that?  Then again, what does that say about the person making fun of others, right?  Personally I think it is really brave to put an ad up like that, to take a chance in life.  That is the main difference between me before and after surgery, I am still afraid but I do things anyways.  It can be overwhelming but I am learning to live again.  I feel reborn and like anything is possible, and I am so grateful for this surgery.

Zizzler
on 10/18/14 2:13 pm

Okcupid - I will look into that one.  I think waiting is really smart and not selfish at all.  Good for you!

RYMEBE73
on 10/20/14 6:20 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15

I just had to let you know that I've checked out the OKcupid site and it seems to be quite a bit better than match!  The only down side I've found is I'm getting guys from all over, UK, TX, FL, etc...weirdos, yes?  I barely posted my profile on there and they were like posting messages about how beautiful my smile is??? The pic I posted is of me just this weekend after a day of paintballing for my son's birthday party, I'm wearing a baseball cap...I wouldn't consider it one of my best but I liked the way I looked in it and it's the most recent one I have....

Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things.  It just means you have to accept what happened and continue LIVING  

Karen M.
on 10/20/14 9:12 am - Mississauga, Canada

Is there no way to set some sort of "filter" so you only receive messages from people within a certain distance from you? Just a thought.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

greensleeved
on 10/18/14 10:02 am
VSG on 07/10/14 with

DO IT! Life is too short to give a **** what other people think! If someone is into you, they'll be into you no matter what.

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162

KattattaK
on 10/18/14 12:34 pm

Green sleeved has a point!!!

KattattaK
on 10/18/14 12:35 pm

Greensleeved oops 

Zizzler
on 10/18/14 2:15 pm

I agree!

Zizzler
on 10/18/14 2:15 pm

Thank you for the words of encouragement greensleeved. 

poet_kelly
on 10/19/14 7:59 am - OH

I have done some online dating and I don't post a picture.  I will email a picture to someone if I am interested in them.

Why are you worried about a boss or coworker seeing your picture, though?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Recent Topics