Hmmm Last question

(deactivated member)
on 10/19/14 2:20 pm, edited 10/19/14 2:41 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

So it being my first ever surgery, just finishing up my bag for tomorrow, and just realized, I will be checking in alone. I plan on bringing my laptop to the hospital, but where can it be safely stored while I am in surgery? Do they put it in a safe place for you? I will not have a visitor until the end of my stay, who is coming from out of town, so asking someone to bring in my electronics isn't going to work.

Will it be safe? Do they provide a spot?

Seyenna
on 10/19/14 2:35 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

I, too, will be doing this alone. I do not plan on having any visitors, and I'm not even sure yet how I'm getting home yet, lol. I'm thinking taxi or shuttle of some sort.

I wish I could come visit you. Be well tomorrow, I'm sure you'll do great.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

(deactivated member)
on 10/19/14 2:39 pm, edited 10/19/14 2:42 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I'm taking a taxi in! Mind you, I am only six minutes from TWH. :D Thanks, I'm a private person, so I am OK with being in the hospital alone, although I definitely will want my laptop or ipad...Someone is only coming to pick me up, because I think, the hospital requires this? so I reached out and found a ride home.

I hope they do store our valuables in a safe spot while in surgery... Guess I will find out tomorrow.

Thanks for the well wishes 

Patrick545
on 10/19/14 3:00 pm

I Really would not bring your Laptop to the hospital (it is big and hard to move around)

I brought my phone and loaded it with movies and music ( i never touched it)

the first day out i slept most the day the second day i was in a lot of discomfort and pain

There is nurses in and out checking your blood pressure, you have to walk all the time to get the gas out, and when you feel like Sh*t  your really not in the mood to watch movies or surf the web

mellabella115
on 10/19/14 7:31 pm - North York, Canada

Really you won't need it...i brought my phone and barely looked at it. The first day you are out of it and just want to sleep and by thr second day you may be discharged so i would leave the laptop at home. 

roxytrim
on 10/19/14 8:11 pm - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

yea, like everybody else said, leave the toys at home.  There is no safe place to store things plus you will have enough work to do either resting or walking around for your circulation to get you home quicker.  The more you move around, the faster you can get home and back to your routines and solid recovery.

Needanewbeginning
on 10/19/14 10:39 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Good luck! You will be on the bench sooooo soon!

I brought mine, didn't use it at all. Your phone is probably all you will use, at best. Leave it at home.

Annette 😄

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Karen M.
on 10/19/14 11:42 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Jennifer,

I'm sorry I'm late to your surgery-party! Very best wishes today, you'll be just great!

Karen xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics