Celebrate Vitamins - awful point of sale tech

msmuggins
on 10/25/14 1:38 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

So, because I find it comforting to be totally prepared far in advance, I've started ordering small amounts of post-op vitamins and protein shakes.  I'm ordering samples where possible (because it's hard to know if the shake or chewable will make me want to gag after surgery), but basically I'm trying to have an array of options for my recovery period.  This morning I tried to order a sample pack and a few other items from Celebrate (a bariatric retailer in the U.S.).  Wow, did their point of sale software ever SUCK!  At first i thought it was my credit card co's fault, because I kept getting a message saying the billing address didn't match what's on file with my CC record (even though I use this card all the time for online purchases, even from the U.S.).  I tried another CC, same problem.  So I didn't even end up ordering anything from them.  I'm still shocked that a major multinational company would have such a rinky dink system like that!  Does anyone else out there who orders from Canada have this problem?  Their site states that they serve Canada, but what the heck is going on with their payment system!?!?  Very frustrating because they have some pretty innovative products that I was interested to try out.

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Karen M.
on 10/25/14 2:28 am - Mississauga, Canada

I don't do bariatric formulas of vitamins etc., but I had a similar experience when trying to order protein iced coffee from the Chike site, same message as you received at Celebrate. I called the toll-free number, spoke with their rep and placed the order via telephone. Apparently some sites have difficulty in recognising Canadian cards/addresses.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

msmuggins
on 10/25/14 6:51 am, edited 10/25/14 7:22 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Hey Karen, good point about calling them... I might try that (I despise using the phone for transactions though -- I get Rogers flashbacks of being on the phone for 3 hours and still not having my problem solved, which is basically par for the course with them ).  I order stuff from the U.S. a lot and have only had this problem once in about 6 years when I ordered something from B+H Photo -- it was the same issue.  The way I had inputted my address had slightly deviated from the format that comes back from my CC co. and I had some grumpy guy call me and ask what's what.  Oh well, I'll try to engage them by phone and see if that works.  But I'm still keeping the "What would Karen do?" in reserve for when I have to choke down my vitamins! 

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/14 3:06 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I got my vitamins from Amazon. Like you, I felt calmer being completely ready. I'm one of those types too 

msmuggins
on 10/25/14 6:58 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Yes, I can't help it!  I feel immensely better if I think I've covered foreseeable problems.  I even bought a Nutribullet Pro today for the three weeks of Opti so that I can use LOTS of crushed ice because my basic Bullet doesn't cut it with ice crushing.  And I figure I'll use it a lot post-op because I'll be having protein shakes at least once a day (more in the beginning).  Sometimes it sucks being a control freak, but at least I'll have options (and if some weird complication comes up, I won't be worrying about the basic stuff in addition!).

It's crazy, when I had my surgeon's appointment I still wasn't quite at the point where I had accepted that I was actually having the surgery.  Now I'm there 110% and now I have a ton of questions that I should have /would have asked at that appointment.  I wonder if TWH could find me 10 min. with one of the surgical team?  I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask.  And of course, there's Google and the boards if not!   Hope you're doing better and better each day, Jen!

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Diminishing Dawn
on 10/25/14 3:08 am - Windsor, Canada

Not one to do bariatric vitamins generall either unless I get them for free. 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

msmuggins
on 10/25/14 7:00 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

I probably won't be using them much past the point where I'm able to swallow a pill (versus chewable).  I just want to be sure that I can find the easiest way to get all the requirements in the recovery phase because I have to say, the one thing that still freaks me out about RNY is the possibility of developing any nutritional deficiencies, so I'm kind of on crack about making sure that I'll get the full dosage of all vitamins and minerals recommended right from the start.

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/14 3:33 am - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

Try Unjury.com.  Awesome vitamins and shakes.

msmuggins
on 10/25/14 7:01 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Thanks, Kel!  I checked out their site and it looks great -- I'll look into getting some of their stuff too!

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

MacMadame
on 10/25/14 7:04 am - Northern, CA

I never had any trouble ordering from Celebrate here in the US so I bet it's that you are in Canada.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active
Recent Topics