Tolerating well.

TeraLee
on 10/25/14 10:06 am

I'm definitely not complaining but I am just under two weeks out and sometimes I forget I even had surgery. I am tolerating all foods in the full fluids diet with no problems but find myself having trouble with my head... That wants bread! What I would do to eat a sandwich! Part of me is wishing I wasn't feeling so great or that I wasn't tolerating food so that I wouldn't think about how much I want real food. 

Will power will prevail! But tonight head hunger is really getting to me.

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/14 10:35 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I've got some serious head hunger tonight as well... thinking about chicken and mashed potatoes...   Time to go make myself a protein shake! Its actually the first day I have had since surgery where I do feel hungry. I think that is a good thing. Because the first four days post op, just thinking of food made me feel sick. 

You will prevail!! 

Karen M.
on 10/25/14 10:39 am - Mississauga, Canada

The mental struggle that comes along with surgery is a real ***** at times. The old adage, "They operate on your gut, not your head", rings true. Being aware of it is a great first step. Be very glad that you're doing well on full fluids - many struggle. All you can do is keep to the plan that you were given - keep going! That sandwich (or some semblance of a "sandwich") will still be there when you get to a stage that you can safely (and mindfully) enjoy it as part of your healthy eating plan.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

TeraLee
on 10/25/14 10:41 am

I was the same way but about day 6 my appetite started coming back and today I'm just dying! My family had a big ham dinner and I had my soup. It was tough but I did it. 

Most Active
Recent Topics