A few new products...

Zizzler
on 11/1/14 3:04 am

So I was out shopping and found a few new items that may be of interest.

Product 1: Oven roasted chicken souvlaki with a cute little yogurt dip

product 2: goldbond powder in a spray pump

Gold Bond Powder Spray

Also highly recommend mini bananas if you like me find the size of regular bananas to be ridiculously large:

I bought them both and have tried the goldbond spray and it is nice -I chose the aloe scented one and the scent is light and does not bother me. Bought both a real Canadian superstore, protini was 3.49 and the goldbond was 8.99.  Has anyone tried any of these? 

Diminishing Dawn
on 11/1/14 3:19 am - Windsor, Canada

While the protinis are good, they are ridiculously expensive unless you get them on clearance.  Many other better choices on that including just making your own in batches and cutting up and freezing.  I haven't had the mini bananas (I rarely have bananas) but apparently they are sweeter than the regular ones. 

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Zizzler
on 11/1/14 6:26 am

I agree protinis are expensive and I have not bought them very often for that very reason, but the souvlaki one intrigues me. What I like about them is that they keep fresh for a long time in the fridge, like a month or longer. I have not tried them after surgery but I would imagine one pack is a meal in itself, maybe even 2 meals for me at this point.  Btw, you get 2 packs in one box of the souvlakis. Right now I have lots of frozen meals in my freezer, and it saves me a ton of money, and I control the ingredients too.  The mini bananas have 10.5g sugar 55 calories 14.5 carbs, medium banana 110 19 sugar 30 carbs so they may be slightly sweeter. What really ticks me off is the size of regular bananas?  Same with oranges...since when are oranges the size of my head? lol

Hanneli xoxo
on 11/2/14 10:03 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

but.. that means a lot of preservatives! eeek!

Zizzler
on 11/3/14 8:33 am

So true!  I had one today for lunch and there  ar 3 mini skewers in a pack along with the yogurt dip.  I thought it was good but a little chemically tasting.  Not bad but I know I could cook my own for much less and they would taste better too. I found it really really garlicky, which I usually like but not in this case.  Maybe if I had heated the souvlaki it would have been better.

msmuggins
on 11/1/14 3:59 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Thanks, Zizzler!  These look great, especially the protinis!  

I recently discovered another neat product:  Hungry Girl flatbread.  They are 100 calorie, palm-sized flat breads with 6g of protein.  I ordered them from the Low Carb Grocery when I was buying DaVinci SF syrups for Opti.  The rosemary and olive oil ones are delicious!

http://www.flatoutbread.com/products/hungry-girl-foldit/

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Zizzler
on 11/1/14 6:34 am

I really like the hungry girl flatbread and I also have ordered them from low carb grocery.  Since surgery I have eaten no bread so that I leave room for more protein, but those flatbreads are on my list for later on in my journey.  Also really like the mama lupe tortillas, which I used to make into a little pizza pre-op. Oh and Queen street bean flour breads are great too.  When I am in maintenance I plan to order more.

msmuggins
on 11/1/14 7:01 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

I ordered a pack of the Mama Lupe tortillas too but haven't tried them yet.  Like you, I'm going to try to avoid bread products for the first year after surgery, but when I'm ready to work them back into rotation, I want ones that have added protein and a small portion size.  I'm really impressed with the flatbread.  I tried another high protein bread from the grocery store, can't remember the brand name but it was P- something (a number). The texture was awful and it tasted sweet.  The flatbreads from Hungry Girl are definitely a lot better (and in a smaller portion size too).

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Zizzler
on 11/1/14 7:19 am

I really like the size of the flatbreads. It i**** and miss with the low carb breads, that is for sure.  I found that betty light bread was the closest tasting to regular sliced bread while still being low carb.  It is great as toast and keeps well in the freezer.  I can picture having maybe half a toast with some peanut butter as a snack once I reach goal.   

Sassy75
on 11/1/14 9:32 am - North York, Canada

I loved the queen street bean breads pre-op, haven't had them post op as yet. 

Most Active
Recent Topics