Super tiredness

Katiebear291
on 11/5/14 3:58 am - Canada
RNY on 12/10/13

Anyone get so tired during the day that they can't function?  Right after lunch for 3 or 4 hours I am just so tired I feel like I have to drag myself through.
I have mentioned it to my dr but she just sent me to a dietician (who i won't have an apt with till January)

I am 11 mo. out and have been experiencing this for a few months now.  Also just waiting for blood work.

Just curious if anyone else experienced this.

RNY  - December 10 2013 Dr Lindsay Toronto's Saint Joseph Hospital Toronto

Karen M.
on 11/5/14 4:07 am - Mississauga, Canada

Your blood work may show that your iron is low. That's exactly how I feel when my iron is out of whack.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Diminishing Dawn
on 11/5/14 4:52 am - Windsor, Canada

For many people this is not uncommon in our day that after lunch we get tired.  I remember one class I had in university from 1-5 where we were all Like zombies.   Could be a few things. 

Like Karen said, bloodwork should always be your go to when things seem off.  

If you are able to, test your blood sugar when you feel like that.  You could be starting the post eating "carb coma" that is indicative of reactive hypoglycemia beginning to emerge.  

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

kimber291
on 11/7/14 9:07 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

I don't have anything to add. Those two ladies that posted are amazing with their knowledge! I would however like to say that you look fantastic!  Look at you!!!I remember when you went in for surgery! I also got some Opti from you!  

Keep up the great work!!

Kim

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

Most Active
Recent Topics