What are you eating/doing today (Monday)

Zizzler
on 11/17/14 12:09 pm

Fyi it has actually been years since I made my own almond milk to be honest but I do find the taste far superior to anything you can buy in the store.  Plus you have complete control over the amount of nuts used, etc.  I usually did not even bother to strain it, just blended naked almonds with water until pretty smooth, then used it right away by making a shake in the same blender.  Yes there may be some little almond bits at the bottom but it did not bother me.  Let us know how it goes if you try it.  FYI if you only have almonds with a skin on them you can boil them for 2 minutes and the skins slide right off.  That part is fun! 

kellybelly333
on 11/17/14 12:24 am - Toronto, Canada

Hi all. Still recovering here. No more pain meds and that's ok, it's not so bad anymore. It certainly does make a difference not having muscle repair done, just skin. Once the pain of the scar tissue finally subsided, I'm just left with a dull pain from swelly belly. 

Anyhow. Eats have been way off. I was nauseous all last week and eating crackers and cheese like crazy. I am thankful for Gravol :)

yesterday was my first normal eats day, which was my second day off pain meds. Coincidence?

today I shall get my water in, vits and protein

b: Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup corn bran cereal

l: pulled pork

s: laughing cow and ryvita

d: spaghetti squash and meat sauce

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Laurie_L
on 11/17/14 1:24 am, edited 11/17/14 1:25 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/14

10 days post op and feeling great!  Lots of snow coming down, expecting 5-10 cm :-/ 

B- Strawberry Greek Yogurt

S- Kaizen Protein Drink

L- Cambells Tomato Basil Soup w/ added navy beans

S- 0

D- 1/2 Cup Potato, Leek, Bacon Soup w/ added protein

S- Kaizen Protein Drink

721 Cal. 92g Protein

Surgery Date: November 7, 2014 - Dr. Yelle, Ottawa - HW:298 SW: 275.4

Zizzler
on 11/17/14 1:41 am

I know, isn't it awful?  You are smart to eat hot soups today!

birdiegirl
on 11/17/14 6:51 pm

Fantastic protein numbers for 10 days out!! 

Zizzler
on 11/17/14 1:32 am, edited 11/17/14 1:32 am

Yucky snowy day!  Plan to go to the gym tonight for some cardio.  

13.5 weeks out

B - premier protein shake

S - xl decaf coffee

l - 4 Melba toast, 2 laughing cow

S - sf key lime pie Greek yogurt with a tbsp almonds...later same but mandarin flavour, xl decaf coffee or tea, something hot! 

D - frozen leftovers: either turkey spinach marinara purée or beef chilli 

s - simply protein bar 1/2 after workout, 1/2 as snack later, decaf tea hot!

All vits and water

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Most Active
Recent Topics