One Year Follow Up

zephie
on 11/19/14 4:59 am - Moose Factory, Canada

Had the last appt of my one year follow up to my surgery...down 130lbs. ...30 lbs below goal set by the center. Last time I weighed 166 lbs was when I was 11 yrs old and I'm almost 66 now.

Its been an absolutely awesome journey for me....no complications at all....levels are perfect...still need 2 new knees but that won't happen before next fall...cortisone shots are my friend right now..lol!! I've been able to hike places that I never dreamed of even walking before. Still getting used to buying tiny clothes at stores that I would have never even entered over a yr ago.

So those of you who are thinking about getting gastric bypass ....my words of advise are these....do all the research you can, learn learn learn everything your brain can absorb about it, get on here and ask the questions you need answers to (this forum has been sooooo great over this time for me), find a local bariatric support group and don't wait until your surgery to start going..start now!! And get a referral and learn some more from orientation in your area....you can stop the process anytime you want to....but knowledge is power and enables us to make informed decisions.

Shirley

Orientation - Feb. 19 & 20/13 - NP,Nut, Psych, - Mar. 14/13 - Sleep Study - Mar. 24/13 - OTN with Dr. Sullivan - June 28/13  On my way!!! Preop Sept 25/13  -  SURGERY OCTOBER 22/13!!!!!!!!

It's not how you start this life...it's how well you finish it...& I plan to finish it with gusto!!!!

Monica9811
on 11/19/14 7:15 am - Peterborough, Canada

That is awesome Shirley. So happy for you!  My journey has been smooth as well. We are lucky!  I would do it again in a heartbeat. Wish I had done it sooner though. Good luck with the rest of your journey!

zephie
on 11/19/14 11:11 am - Moose Factory, Canada

Yes totally would do it again!!! Than ks!

Orientation - Feb. 19 & 20/13 - NP,Nut, Psych, - Mar. 14/13 - Sleep Study - Mar. 24/13 - OTN with Dr. Sullivan - June 28/13  On my way!!! Preop Sept 25/13  -  SURGERY OCTOBER 22/13!!!!!!!!

It's not how you start this life...it's how well you finish it...& I plan to finish it with gusto!!!!

Karen M.
on 11/19/14 7:16 am - Mississauga, Canada

Congratulations to you, Shirley, and Happy 1st Year!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Needanewbeginning
on 11/19/14 9:19 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Happy 1st! You have done amazing!

Annette 😄

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Durble78
on 11/19/14 11:29 am

Wow,

That weight loss journey is amazing!  Congratulations! I pray mines goes as well. I am so motivated ....

Patm
on 11/19/14 10:31 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations you have done great. Your hard work really shows. I currently getting shots of gel in my knees Neovasc. I am hoping it will delay having my knees replaced

zephie
on 11/19/14 11:11 am - Moose Factory, Canada

Thanks everyone!!

birdiegirl
on 11/19/14 7:43 pm

Wow - cant believe its been a year already -and what a success you have been.  Great advice given to those pre-wls - and newly post op

Keep that positive attitude Shirley.  Keep an eye on everything too as time goes on.  Dont let 5 pounds get out of control - and las****ch yourself after year 2 when your body begin absorbing more. 

Knowledge and awareness are so important - sounds like you have these qualities in spades

All the best 

zephie
on 11/20/14 6:24 am - Moose Factory, Canada

Thanks for the good advice....so true!!

Most Active
Recent Topics