Introduction

Gohopchick
on 11/22/14 9:22 am - United Kingdom

Just thought I would say hi.  I'm from Hamilton, and my surgery date is this Wednesday!  Tomorrow is my last date of Opti, then on to clear fluids and packing my bag for the hospital!  I found out about Bariatric Surgery when I was in the Binge Eating Disorders program at St. Joes Hospital in Hamilton - had never considered it before.  But after getting some good recovery through the BED, it seemed like a good next step to reclaim my health.  I mostly suffer from pain in my knees and feet because of the extra weight.  Stairs are hard and I can't walk much without pain.  So looking forward to greater mobility!  I've been lurking for some time - thanks everyone for sharing your journeys and supporting one another so well...

Diminishing Dawn
on 11/22/14 11:55 am - Windsor, Canada

I wish you well in your journey. I'm a binge eater and it makes post op life challenging at times. All the best!

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Patm
on 11/22/14 10:02 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good luck on Wednesday. Come back and let us know how you are

Northernlightsmom
on 11/22/14 10:07 pm - Canada

Best wishes on your day! You have so much great things ahead for you.

Cheers to a speedy recovery.

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

ArleneAnne
on 11/23/14 11:32 pm - Oakville, Canada

Gohopchick ..... I too went through the B.E.D. program at St Joseph's Hamiton .... it is an ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL and HELPFUL programme and I sooo recommend it to everyone who can avail themselves of it !!!! ..... I learned so very much about myself....and was able to learn sooo many skills to help me not to bing eat (or at least be able to deal with it constructively if it did happen) .... I learned to NOT beat myself up and NOT to give up ..... so I know that I will face surgery with a MUCH better belief that I will be successful ! ..... good luck  on Wednesday .... you must be SOOOO excited !!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics