I don't feel ready to try food yet...

Seyenna
on 12/18/14 9:24 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Is this normal? Should I just stick to my water and vitamins today? Maybe I'll have a bit of protein shake.

Yesterday was sort of rough for me, I had a lot of nausea but I'm pretty sure it was from all of the pain killers I was on. Now that they're out of my system I feel okay, just a bit tender.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Patm
on 12/18/14 10:51 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Try to get some protein in you. I know at this point it all seems a bit over whelming but try to have three 'meals'. Just sip something with some protein in it. It can be a shake or soup with protein powder mixed in.

(deactivated member)
on 12/19/14 4:35 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I pretty much slept for two days after I was released, only waking to sip fluids, then back to bed. I figured my body needed it, so I didn't fight it. 

xoxox

jaxie77
on 12/19/14 5:03 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Hey doll ,I've managed a full shake so far , .....that's been since 7 am this morning until now right enough ! I'm feeling ok , maybe gonna try some soup with protein powder tonight at dinner , and I'm gonna work on a second shake throughou****er , and lemon ginger tea is going down great tho . I think we just need to take it slow ....and well be fine :) 

Hang in chicky xx 

Jax xx

sadgirl89
on 12/19/14 10:04 am

I felt like you the other day only I was forcing myself to eat stuff,  I don't recommend it eat when your  comfortable but do get your protein in!

Feel better! 

Sparkly Mama
on 12/21/14 11:46 pm - Canada

Just keep trying little tiny bits and sips when you can . It is important to get your tummy used to eating, or it will be harder to eat for longer. I am five years out and have excrutiating pain when i eat (about 50% of the time) with no apparent pattern/food choice or consistancy. don't give up, and go hour by hour:)

Most Active
Recent Topics