3-Ingredient Low-Carb Fat-Free Protein Wraps recipe

Zizzler
on 12/28/14 2:40 am, edited 12/28/14 2:40 am

I have been making these periodically for a few weeks now and they are very quick to make and versatile, I have added a few teaspoons of plain protein powder to add even more protein and they still turn out great. Note: I am only able to eat 1/3 of this recipe, they are very filling, so I usually prepare it by dividing the amounts by 1/3. Nice thing is my centre encourages us to eat psyllium fibre, so it works out well, just be careful to up your psyllium slowly. I have been adding a little nsa jam to them and eating them like a rolled crepe while still hot, but you could add savory proteins too like tuna or chicken.  There is a million ways to customize the wrap itself, see the website for ideas. Hope you like them:

3-Ingredient Low-Carb Fat-Free Protein Wraps (from proteinpow.com)

Screen Shot 2014-01-17 at 7.45.58 PM

Ingredients:

5 fresh egg whites
2 tablespoons psyllium husks (see Note below)
1/8 cup milk

That’s all I used to make the wraps. I just put all those ingredients in a bowl and, using a fork, I whisked them together. Simple, right? Let me give you the full directions:

Directions:

1. Whisk (or blend) your egg whites, psyllium, and milk. I used dairy-free coconut milk but any will do.

2. Get a nonstick pan out and add some low-calorie spray, coconut oil, or butter to it. Turn the heat on HOT.

3. Once the pan is sizzling hot, pour half of your egg mix on it and spread it around the bottom of the pan with a spoon or spatula. As you do this, turn your heat down to medium (because you don’t want to burn the wraps).

4. When your first wrap looks like it’s cooked through, flip it, and then remove it from the heat, repeating steps 1-3 for the other wrap.

5. You can fill your wraps with pretty much anything you want! Today, I filled mine with some chicken breast, bacon, avocado, lettuce, cherry tomatoes and low-fat red pepper hummus. They were delicious!

Macros per wrap (out of 2):

70kcals
10g protein
5g carbs (out of which 4g is fiber so net carbs = 1)
0g fat

- See more at: http://proteinpow.com/2014/06/3-ingredient-low-carb-protein-wraps.html#sthash.uWZfBBb9.dpuf

http://proteinpow.com/2014/06/3-ingredient-low-carb-protein- wraps.html

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

newme14
on 12/28/14 3:32 am - Ontario, Canada

This sounds good!   Will have to try it out!  

Thanks for posting! 

Karen M.
on 12/28/14 6:28 am - Mississauga, Canada

This would be a great recipe to share on the Ontario Recipes forum - link in my signature. 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 12/28/14 9:26 am, edited 12/28/14 9:31 am

I posted it there under breads and muffins topic about a week ago, thank you for the suggestion Karen.  Think I may try these with a little spice and/or parmesan cheese added to the wrap mixture for fun.  I love to experiment with a new recipe. 

Onward and
Downward

on 12/28/14 5:56 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Thanks for this!  I will try it. :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Zizzler
on 12/29/14 9:07 am

Let me know how it goes!

NewMe2.0
on 12/31/14 12:15 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

Hey, Zizz...where do you buy those psyllium husks..can you get them at a store or do you have to buy online?

Zizzler
on 12/31/14 2:51 pm

Bulk barn has it, and you can buy a small amount to see if you like it.  If you try it let me know how it goes.

NewMe2.0
on 1/12/15 1:06 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

Hey Zizz...tried it yesterday...liked it.  Thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics