Barrie Support Group Meeting

Dar_Tay
on 1/2/15 12:18 pm - Canada

Would anyone happen to know when the next Barrie support group meeting is?

Thanks

KristieA
on 1/2/15 8:06 pm, edited 1/2/15 8:07 pm - Orillia, Canada

Sat January 17th (third Sat of each month) 

1-4pm

Ferris Lane Community Church of the Nazarene .   49 Ferris Lane. 

All are welcome.  

There is also a few people that get together for coffee on Wednesdays.   7pm Tim Hortons at Bayview and Churchill. 

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Wendy-Louise
on 1/2/15 10:33 pm - Canada

Do you just stop in anytime between 1-4 or do you stay the whole time? Also do you bring anything?

KristieA
on 1/2/15 11:05 pm - Orillia, Canada

It is preferable for everyone to be there at 1pm.  We sit as a group and discuss our journeys,  answer questions anyone has and celebrate our successes.   Normally things wrap up around 3 but depends on how many people attend. If you aren't able to get there for 1 it isn't a problem.  Join us when you can.   I won't be there this month as I am having plastic surgery the Monday. 

Everyone is very welcoming in the group and there is a diverse range of pre and post op.   Some are debating on surgery through to 6+ years post op.

You don't need to bring anything. There is no cost.   If you have a support person they are welcome to come as well.  Sharrol (the leader)  has some educational materials available as well.

Kristie 

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Livebetter
on 9/7/18 4:59 pm

Hi Krista,

I deleted your message regarding support group information. Can you resend info and what date the first meeting is. I know it the 3rd week of each month. Thanks Livebetter

Dar_Tay
on 1/3/15 12:19 am - Canada

Thanks for the info! I'm going to try and make it the next meeting.  I'm just starting my journey with orientation Jan 9th :)

Carchick28
on 1/3/15 6:23 am, edited 1/3/15 6:23 am - Canada
Carchick28
on 1/3/15 6:26 am - Canada

Can anyone attend? I have been to my orientation session, but am not sure if I will do it or not.  I am also looking into the medical program as well.  I thought that being able to talk with people who struggle with the same things as I do might be helpful.  Let me know if I would be able to attend to.

Markus149
on 1/6/15 7:44 am - Wasaga beach, Canada

Hi.  Im starting to look into the band surgery. Are there people in the group there that have had it? Would like to come and find out somemore info.  

Most Active
Recent Topics