What are you eating/doing today? (Sunday)

Karen M.
on 1/10/15 10:04 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Tanya, I hope you find some quiet time after work today. I too need that and cherish the quiet time I work into my day. Despite being tired getting up at 5 on work days, I LOVE the slow ease into my day it provides.

Off to Costco and Best Buy today, will visit with my parents, nfl games, house stuff, not sure what else. I'm feeling very "draggy" this weekend despite solid sleep and good blood work results so I don't know what's up there, maybe just the winter blah's.

8.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the day -

B - Premier protein shake

S - Greek yogurt, halo orange, handful of almonds

L - 1/2 toasted tomato and bacon sandwich, a couple of cucumber slices

S - either a protein shake or ham/cheese/pickle roll-ups

D - baked chicken wings (4), garden salad with a little blue cheese dressing

S - not sure yet

Have a splendid Sunday,

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 1/10/15 10:57 pm

Hey Karen, your menu looks awesome, I really like the chicken wing blue cheese salad combo, I will have to try that.  I just wanted to let you know that I tried the bacon-wrapped chicken from Walmart that you had mentioned. Omg they are so good, thank you for the tip.  I had them with some yellow wax beans and they tasted really nice together.  I have been going to the library during my breaks and I find that adds some peace to my stressful days, plus I have found some helpful and interesting reading material.

Karen M.
on 1/10/15 11:08 pm, edited 1/10/15 11:08 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Aren't they terrific?! I have to say I was extremely impressed with both the quality/taste of the chicken and the high quality of bacon they use - often I find boxed, "appetizer-type" foods to use low quality bacon and I was pleased to see (taste lol) the Walmart ones simply delicious! Not sure if you are a red meat/steak eater but I am now hooked on the Walmart frozen boxed steaks. They are individually vacuum wrapped, small, and by far the most tender, juiciest steaks I've had, believe it or not. 10 melt in your mouth steaks for $25 no tax.

Edited to add: THANK YOU for the tip about going to the library! OMG, I have been dreading this coming week at work only because I am required to take a 1 hour lunch each day. I don't do well with "free time" at work and simply end up working through it, which is not healthy for body or mind. I work right at City Hall which is right next to the Central Library - not sure why the hell I didn't think of spending some time at the library, but thank you!! xo

Karen

Zizzler
on 1/11/15 12:33 am

Frozen boxed steaks eh?  I will have to check them out! Is this the brand, it comes with a steak spice included?  I have not tried steak per se since surgery but I have had beef burger, beef barbacoa, ground beef etc.  I will have to check this out next time I am at Walmart, thank you for the tip. 2.50 per steak is reasonable imo, especially if it is good quality.  Do they ever go on sale?

Glad the library tip was helpful, I work close main library in Ottawa so it is super handy for me at lunchtime.  It has saved my sanity many many times going there and being in a quiet place for a little while during a hectic day.  I only wish I could take a 1 hour lunch, I did that for 10 years then switched jobs and was told I was only allowed a half hour at lunch and 2 15 minute breaks, I could not combine them into one hour as I did before. I hate it. I used to go to the gym or library every day or just walk around on my lunch hour and it really helped me relax and refresh, plus I could go straight home rather than having to go out again to the gym in the evening. It really divided my day up nicely. Sigh, oh well, such is life, I am grateful just to have a job you know, so many people do not. I checked this book out this week, really good ideas for 5-minute stress busters.  Love it!

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Karen M.
on 1/11/15 6:48 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Yes, those are the ones! That little container of steak spice lasts a long time - it's still 1/2 full after grilling all 10 steaks plus 2 of another box. lol

I find the hour lunch very long usually. I tend to bring my own lunch so everything is already prepared and I also tend to eat "when the mood strikes me", which generally means several small amounts many times. That's pretty much how I get all my required food in each day as I cant eat a meal-sized portion all at once quite often. Whatever works. ;)

A couple of years ago I was bringing my skates to work and skating for 25 minutes or so each lunch hour (we have an outdoor rink on the property) but I'm not even tempted this year with my ongoing recovery from my illness. The library will be a nice option occasionally.

Karen

Zizzler
on 1/10/15 11:35 pm

Hey Tanya, hope you get some downtime soon, it can wear a person down after a time for sure.  Try to fit in a few minutes here and there to pamper yourself with something like a nice hot beverage or some gentle stretching.  Facial and scalp massage really helps too, you can google it, it is amazing and you can do it yourself. 

b - premier protein shake

s - xl decaf coffee with plain protein powder added, egg white psyllium wraps with pb and nsa jam (will make a few more  wraps to have next week at work)

l - homemade beef lentil soup, egg psyllium wrap with a little margarine

s - sf fruit punch koolaid

d - lentils and onions with veggie mix

s - decaf tea with skim milk and sucralose

all vits and water

finesspal stats: 934 calories, fat 12g, carbs 33 (net), protein 86g

Note:  When I first checked my menu in fitnesspal my calories and protein were too low so I added some protein powder to my coffee for this morning and some margarine and pb to my wraps.

A question for all of you:  I have been calculating my carbs by subtracting the amount of fibre from the total carbs.  What do you guys do?  Do you use net carbs or just plain carbs?  I find using net helps me to see the benefit of the amount of fibre I am eating. Any comments welcome, I am just curious as to what everyone does.  Thanks and have a nice day.

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Patm
on 1/11/15 2:59 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good afternoon all. Out early this morning so no time to post. Leaving shortly for a walk with the dog. That will probably be the only exercise I get.

b 1 egg, 2 sl bacon

s 1 ounce cheese

l meatloaf, yogurt

d pork roast and 1 tbsp. mashed potatoes, salad

Have a good day everyone

Most Active
Recent Topics