Humber Internist

kurlygirlie
on 1/10/15 11:18 pm

I am from Kingston and have been through all my pre-op stuff there.  I meet Dr. Starr on Friday and am just wondering if everyone also has to see the internist there?  I have zero health issues and needed no actual testing up until this point.  Also, for others who have recently just done this at Humber, how long will I wait for a surgery date?

Cant-wait14
on 1/11/15 2:16 am - Canada

Dr. Starr is really nice. 

I believe everyone has to see Dr.Glazer; internist to get the official go ahead for surgery. I hear he likes to send everyone for a sleep study. I have an appointment with him this coming Wednesday. I start Opti the next day and have my surgery on the 29th of January. I too have no health issues but I understand he is the medical director of the program so he has to see everyone. 

Initially I had an appt for June 2015 with Dr. Glazer. However, I got my surgery date and then my internist appt was moved up.

Good luck and hang in there

kurlygirlie
on 1/11/15 2:30 am

Thx.  I have already had a sleep study done, so hopefully he doesn't want another!  All my protesting was already done.

Pegasus_AM
on 1/11/15 4:17 am

Yeah Dr.Glazer is like a gate keeper just like the rest of the bariatric team he has to see you and give the green light for surgery :-) My appointment with Dr.Starr was November 28th/2014, my original appointment with Dr.Glazer was May 26th/2015. I saw the Bariatric Team (Nurse/Dietitian/Social Worker) December 15th/2015 they all approved me to go ahead with surgery. I immediately called Dr.Starr's office after leaving this appointment they gave me their first available surgery day March 2nd/2015. I then called and got my appointment with Dr.Glazer moved up to February 5th/2015. Good-Luck

Referral May 14th/14, HRRH Orientation Aug/18th/14, Surgeon (Dr.Starr) Appt Nov/28th/14, Clinic Nurse,Social Worker, Dietitian Dec/15th/14, Dr.Glazer Feb/5th/15, OptiFast Feb/16th/15, PATTS Feb/17th/15, Surgery March 2nd/15 HW 230, SW 202, CW 130

rondac
on 1/11/15 9:36 pm

never had to go for sleep study. he asked if i had it i said no  he went ok

Most Active
Recent Topics