{Before & Afters } When you hit a stall...

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/15 5:45 pm, edited 1/16/15 6:06 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Or feel as though you are not losing quickly enough. When you don't notice much change in the mirror, and your mind is playing tricks on you (like mine does) Whip out the most unflattering pictures you have, and do a side by side comparison.

Right now, I'm experiencing a mini stall. My mind is thinking silly things like 'Is your weight loss done, is this not going to work for you, your body has barely changed, you're only half way there'

I've hated the camera for years. I've always hid from it, I've even gotten in arguments with friends and family for posting unflattering photos of me on social media (I know, I was lacking some serious confidence) I have no memories of my past in pictures, or my travels (well not with me in them) The camera and I have not ever been friends. I would get anxiety at gatherings when a friend would take one out. I very much disliked the camera, and for the most part, I still kinda do. So much so, I almost didn't take before photos. 

Well tonight, thinking of my wee stall, and feeling gloom, I'm sure glad I did take some. They help you see the progress. That your body is changing, that you're becoming healthier, even if your mind hasn't quite caught up. 

My biggest NSV is to one day not only let someone take my picture, but to smile during, and to like what I see afterwards. To truly be happy in pictures. 

Swell
on 1/16/15 7:34 pm - Southwestern Ontario, Canada

Wow! You look great! Awesome job! I can't wait for my after photos to start to show that kind of difference!

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/15 7:38 pm, edited 1/16/15 7:41 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Thank you! Honestly, it was hard for me to share that before photo. I cringe when I see it, but I'm glad I did get it taken, in such an unflattering state. It's a good reminder of where I will never be again. 

Thanks again :) 

lammytee14
on 1/16/15 9:07 pm

Great progress so far! Keep up the good work.

I must take some before pictures...thanks for the reminder.

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/15 9:18 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Thank you! and yes, get those photos taken, they are such a great reminder of where we have come from. For me anyway 

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/15 9:22 pm

You look amazing Jennifer. You are not alone in you fears of cameras and pictures   Its part of your past now and confronting your fears in whichever way you decide (photo, bathing suits etc) is part of freeing yourself from the insecurities and rebuilding confidence. 

Be proud, it's not just your weight that is changing, your confidence is too!

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/15 9:32 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

OH totally! I feel so much more confident. First Christmas with the family where I did not run from the camera. And its only going to get better!

Nice new avatar btw! So pretty, and nice to put a face to the name 

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/15 9:54 pm

Thanks Jennifer!  Re/ confidence, I'm the worst. It's funny how even though at work I exude confidence, personally and internally I'm constantly beating myself up.  I feel like I've let myself down with my weight. 

Nevertheless, it's a journey and I will rebuild and enjoy. 

Remember, keep your thoughts positive and universe will only bring you more positive!  Abraham Hicks 😘

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/15 11:21 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I'm the exact same way. I work in corporate sales management for a Fortune 500. Surely not a job a woman lacking in confidence would hold. The truth is, not many people would have ever guess I suffered from lack of confidence. Only a few close friends I've let close, know I had battled with it at times in my life. but overall, I think I've been pretty good to myself, at 262lbs and now. 

Thank you for the always positive words! 

jaxie77
on 1/16/15 9:30 pm, edited 1/16/15 9:31 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Wow ! What a difference doll ! Look at that slinky body ! I cannot wait for my tummy to look like yours . That is my most hated and embarrassing part of my body for me . I always try to hide it in pictures and of course in the clothes I wear . And when I see pix of myself ( that have not been engineered by me !) that's all I see ...is this belly ! :( You look fantastic,  got great curves and a great shape . You have done brilliant ! 

I'm in a stall right now too , been the same since last Tuesday ..so around 11 days now the scale has not budged . But of course due to my constant reading , I know this is completely normal so I'm really trying not to sweat it !! But again ....my paranoid brain is totally kicking in and telling me I'm a failure already ...should have known all along this was not gonna work for me ..... blah blah blah !! Lol 

Anyway , you are doing wonderful , well done for posting this. I cannot say you looked terrible before  , cos you didn't , but your after pic is gorgeous . Next time lets see that beautiful wee face 

Keep it up darlin x

Jax xx

Most Active
Recent Topics