Im on the Bench

Carole1967
on 3/14/15 8:48 am - Canada
VSG on 03/11/15

Hey Guys and Dolls im back and on the bench, im excited for my new journey to start, any advice for a newbie starting out . 

jaxie77
on 3/14/15 9:21 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Hey Carol , congratulations! Hope you are feeling good and resting up . My advice ( im only almost 4 months out ) would be , for these first few days / weeks at home , don't sweat the small stuff . Just focus on getting in enough fluids , and resting as much as possible . But keep moving periodically around the house , walks outside if you feel like it . The fresh air will feel great . Protien will come in time , if you can get some in then fantastic but don't stress if you can't in the first couple of days .Seems a lot of people ( me included ) have no issues in getting in enough at the beginning , which is great so like I say ...If you can , go with it .  Also , don't try and be all noble and refrain from pain meds . If you are in pain , take them . It's simply not good for your healing if you're in pain . 

Sleep as long as you can when you can .  Let others help out too  , hubby , kids so on . It's a really revealing time , I found , if like me you've never really been down and out . I was so pleasantly surprised by my husband . I'm not saying he's not a good husband , far from it ...but he Really stepped up to the plate for me throughout this process and I have to say , it really brought us to a new level in our relationship . My little guy was big help too . So I'm just saying , (if you do have a family ) allow them to help you and let them shine . It's wonderful ! 

Everything honestly will just go with the flow if all is well . I think you will know if there is something wrong in your recovery . Read as much as you can here and of course post as many questions as you like ! Everyone is so helpful here and you'll be sure to get an answer . But don't be shy in calling your surgeons office also if you have any concerns . They are the best people to talk to if you really feel something is wrong . 

Lastly , I'd say ....Enjoy it ! Enjoy your time off work , catch up on some Netflix or PVR'd stuff ! Cos it flies by , so fast . Before you know it you'll be feeling completely normal and on this fantastic ride to a healthier you . It is such a great feeling having the weight come off and your body become stronger and feel healthier . So again ....just relax and enjoy ! 

Good luck with everything dear  Look forward to following and being alongside you in this journey . 

Jax x

Carole1967
on 3/14/15 11:05 am - Canada
VSG on 03/11/15

Wow Jaxx you are a fantastic gal, thanks so much for the info, I do have a small family ,hubby and first granddaughter, they are great so far, Jaida ( my granddaughter) likes to be involved with helping me with my drinks and getting me things and my hubby has stepped up as well, so far, so I think I'll take on your advice and let them help out until I feel able to. Again thank you.

lammytee14
on 3/14/15 8:26 pm

I don't have any advice to share but wanted to cheer you on. I'll be on the bench with you shortly...tomorrow is my big day.

Tammy :)

Carole1967
on 3/14/15 8:49 pm - Canada
VSG on 03/11/15

Tammy, I'm so excited for you, prayers for you for your big day, it comes and goes in a flash,I will be waiting to hear from you on the other side where you will join me on the bench and we can go through this journey together.    Carole

(deactivated member)
on 3/14/15 11:39 pm, edited 3/14/15 11:40 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Heya Carole! Welcome, and I am sending positive vibes for a speedy recovery. Advice... Hmm, patience, and trust the process. As long as you are sticking to the plan, you will be successful. I am trying to take this advice myself at this moment. OH and, really try to not obsess over the scale. xo and congrats, you'll do great!

Carole1967
on 3/15/15 8:50 am - Canada
VSG on 03/11/15

Thank you Jennifer_34 , i will definiately take you advice, i only know my numbers from the doctors office as i have no scale, thanks so much .

Patm
on 3/14/15 11:57 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations. Good luck in your new journey

Carole1967
on 3/15/15 8:51 am - Canada
VSG on 03/11/15

Thank you Patm, so happy to be here.

mum2TNT
on 3/15/15 6:59 am - Oshawa, Canada

no advice from me, just big HUGS and congratulations!  I won't be on the bench until April 29....so soon, please save me a seat ;)  Take this time to rest and one day at a time until you are feeling amazing in no time!!!

Chrissy  ~~~  doctor referral May 29/14; info session Aug 18/14surgeon appt Dr. Starr  Oct 15/14dietitian, social worker & nurse Dec 11/142nd appts dietitian, SW & nurse Jan 19/15;  Dr. Glazer Feb 25/15; 2 weeks OPTIFAST April 15/15; surgery date April 29/15    AGE: 48   HEIGHT: 5'6"  

Most Active
Recent Topics