What are you eating/doing today? (Tuesday)

TanyaLH
on 3/23/15 6:08 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

22 months post op

steps 8952

Morning all,

Off to work then the gym. DH is home for the week so I guess I will be cooking dinners all week instead of pulling single serve meals from the freezer.... lol.

I have been struggling to get my water in, only getting 3 or 4 cups a day in. I will focus on this for the next while until the habit is formed!!

B 2 egg whites w/ mushroom and onion, 2 slice deli ham, protein coffee

S 1 cup homemade protein shake

L 3 oz veal burger w/ all fixings, no bun, 1/2 c garden salad

D 4 oz baked trout, 1/2 c roasted brussel sprouts

S tea

libra1
on 3/23/15 8:17 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Good morning everyone,

Yesterday everything went well until dinner … I ODed on cheese and cashews. All has been thrown out. I'll be doing the same Tanya --- more water. 

Today’s menu is…

B- Greek yogurt and ground flax

Snack- Skinny cappuccino

L-Cottage cheese

Snack-Greek Yogurt

D-Extra lean meatballs and tomatoes

Snack- Greek Yogurt

Cal-610, Carbs-53, Fat-16 Protein-63, Sugar-38, Chol-61

Karen M.
on 3/23/15 9:21 pm - Mississauga, Canada

In the grand scheme of things, it could have been way worse - cheese could have been chips and cashews could have been chocolates. The dinner hour can be challenging for me too - empty after getting home from work and picking (to the point of filling up) while making dinner. I try really hard (and sometimes fail) to have dinner done ahead of time OR to have a portioned out snack or part of dinner ready if I feel the need to nosh.

Today will be a better day!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

libra1
on 3/23/15 9:35 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Thank you my friend. Have a wonderful day.

kellybelly333
on 3/23/15 11:10 pm - Toronto, Canada

I am also terrible at the dinner hour. And terrible about planning. The challenge I did helped a  bit with planning, but i'm still terrible at it. Ross is better at it than me, thank God! But only slightly lol. 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karen M.
on 3/23/15 9:28 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning, morning!

Off to work, no errands to run after so I get to go home and veg in my pj's - woot!

9 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the day -

B - Premier protein shake

S - Source Greek (cherry, really tasty), handful of grapes

L - crustless quiche, a few grapes, a few cheddar-asiago baked crisps (I'm allowing myself a carby treat today)

S - crustless quiche, a couple of leftover grapes

D - 4 oz chicken and whatever else Andrew plans (unless it's fried pork and potatoes lol)

S - not sure yet

Have a great day!

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

birdiegirl
on 3/23/15 9:36 pm

RNY  5 Years 11 Months Post Op

Morning

Tanya and Libra I pretty much have to get back on the horse every few days.  Its not that I go crazy....but I am just out too much while south.  Its tough - but we are tougher - just have to get back on every morning and never give up or give in.

Out today to the baseball game - Twins and Jays - going with 20 other people with tailgating before ( ughh)  then out tonight to a banquet for my bocce league.  ( Bocce is the new shuffleboard for oldies....though I'm not 60 yet!)...Its actually fun and we hoot and holler a lot.

STEPS - 6200

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake with 1/2 small banana and ice blended

L - not sure but I have inputted a slice of pizza - but it could be a burger or sausage...calories close on all three

1 Mich Ultra low carb beer

D - Not sure as I have not seen the menu yet....I have 500 calories inputted for dinner - unlikely I will eat more then this amount

S - S/F jello with cool whip

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,412,  Carbs - 141 Grams,  Fat - 42 Grams,  Protein - 82 Grams

All water...all vits

Have a great one  

new_me180
on 3/23/15 9:37 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Morning all. I hear you guys on the water, can be a real challenge sometimes especially when it's cold like this. Going to do my taxes this afternoon, the joy.

17 months post op

B - last of the crustless quiche i made a week ago, bacon

L - pork shoulder, roasted veg

S - canned sardines, 2 strawberries

D - tilapia, roasted veg, 1/8 cup quinoa

S - 1/8 cup roasted chick peas, 1/2 oz mozzarella

cappuccino

all water and vites in

Have a great day all, Nia 

kellybelly333
on 3/23/15 11:18 pm - Toronto, Canada

Good morning.

Been a tricky time for food for me. I know i'm starting a slow carb load, but I feel like I want to go crazy. This morning I was thinking (dreaming) about an egg and bacon sandwich. I almost went and got one, but i'm sipping my protein coffee instead. 

I miss the challenge I was doing for this reason, but I was low on energy for my long runs, so I know I need it. More cheese and fruit for me.

B: protein coffee

S: noms date balls

L: gluten free turkey wrap (i'm having lunch with my preggo friend before she goes on mat leave. The place we go only has gluten free wraps and then really great looking exotic, but heavy bread).

S: rest of the wrap

S (before run tonight) Banana and almond butter

D: spaghetti squash and turkey meat sauce (made last night instead of turkey meatloaf muffins, because I was too hungry)

Not a huge amount of carbs, but more to come in the next few days. Sometimes I feel that I shouldn't post what I eat pre-race, in case our newbie friends think it's normal eating LOL

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Patm
on 3/23/15 11:35 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

This site is driving me crazy this morning. I have been getting error messages for the last hour. I managed to miss a docotrs appointment this morning. I do not know why I thought it was tomorrow. Maybe because I have one today then one Thursday then hand clinic on Friday. Good it is slow at work. The worst part is I am not sure I know what it is for. It is probably to stick pins in me to find out why I have numbness. Since I have had this before and it is not pleasant it could be my way of avoiding it. Oh well. I have left them a message apologizing. Maybe I can tell them it is just old age and senility setting in.

Home tonight. My son comes for dinner on Tuesdays so always enjoy seeing him.

I received an e-mail from my brother who I was in Florida with. It has been 80 - 90 degrees lately. Poor guy. Hope he is not suffering too much.

b greek yogurt, granola, raspberries

l ham pea/lentil soup, source yogurt

s beef jerky

d beef and broccoli stir fry, salad

so far, cal 981, prot 83, carb 121

Most Active
Recent Topics