Made a "normal" size pot of food

Meggles07
on 4/2/15 10:27 am - Canada

I'm starting the soft foods stage tomorrow and have been craving curried chicken for my first real meal in a while. I cooked up a whole pot of food... Which ended up making about 12 portions for my new stomach :)

I think I'm going to need some more containers -- I'm going to fill my freezer with single serving dinners so I will have lots of options. Any ideas for good meals to freeze?

PepperBB
on 4/2/15 10:44 am - Canada

You should see my Tupperware collection LOL Its really helpful!

Some things I made and froze were chilli, anything like a slowcooker stew. homemade meatloaf. I usually batch cook chicken breast or pork loin portion and freeze. I do a thing of cauliflower mash and keep it in the fridge for a side dish. Makes for easy meals everyday.

Katie H.

Referral January 2013 - Orientation at TWH March 4  -  Social Worker May 27 - Nurse Practitioner July 11 - Nutrition Class August 26 - Dietitian September 4 - Psychologist September 4, Meeting with Surgeon September 13 - Surgery October 28

Meggles07
on 4/2/15 11:11 am - Canada

Mmm the cauliflower mash sounds like a good idea... Does it defrost well?  And I think I will try the slow cooker chili next. I like the beans chopped up to give it a beef texture, so that should be good for the soft stage :)

PepperBB
on 4/2/15 11:33 am - Canada

I don't freeze it, I usually make a smaller portion and use it with each meal. I am a mash potato lover, so this was a nice alternative. I make a about a half a head worth and it last me for a few meals. With each meal I try to have a protein a carb and a vegetable.

Katie H.

Referral January 2013 - Orientation at TWH March 4  -  Social Worker May 27 - Nurse Practitioner July 11 - Nutrition Class August 26 - Dietitian September 4 - Psychologist September 4, Meeting with Surgeon September 13 - Surgery October 28

lammytee14
on 4/2/15 11:07 am

Your post made me smile. I was craving curried chicken as well. I made some for DH and had some in the pureed stage last week. It got a little dry when I reheated in microwave so I added some chicken broth to make it an easier consistency to digest.

I have frozen lots of soups and stews. Big containers for hubby and 1/2 cup containers for me. Be careful when you stack everything in freezer...one misplaced item and they tumble out...as DH learned the hard way.

Tammy :)

Surgery on March 16, 2015 with Dr. Yelle (Ottawa)

HW: 245 (2012) SW: 233 CW: 141 Goal Range (by Surgeon): 149-179  

Holy Smokes! I've lost 100 pounds from my heaviest weight! Yay me!!!

Meggles07
on 4/2/15 11:14 am - Canada

I think I will be taking over the freezer :) I will have to warn him about the container jungle.

I made the curry a bit wetter than normal. I thought about adding some Greek yogurt to it as well to give it a creamier sauce.

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/15 2:48 pm

Just because you're in your real food stage, you may not be able to handle it. My first chicken and veggies pot,.....well I threw it up!!! Canned Tuna/Salmon is what i can handle right now

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/15 3:14 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Just over Five months post op, and I still can't trust chicken. It's really hit or miss, and tends to not sit well with me. I usually avoid it, mostly. And stick with other protein sources. 

Meggles07
on 4/2/15 9:41 pm - Canada

I've been pretty lucky so far. The only thing I couldn't handle was oatmeal and I just felt nauseous. I haven't thrown anything up yet. 

I'm going to a birthday party tonight and I'm going to try a bit of chicken and sweet potato. We will see what happens :)

Most Active
Recent Topics