What are you eating/doing today (Good Friday)

TanyaLH
on 4/2/15 6:16 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

22 months post op

steps 7521

Morning everyone,

Not sure what today will bring, I am working today and that is probably all.

I ate very poorly yesterday...

Yesterday a rough day, found out yesterday morning that a longtime friend passed away at the end of January. We were friends for along time, but would go months without contact for no reason other then life being so busy. I called her cell number yesterday morning and her mother answered. I thought it was my friend, I said "hey girl, how you doing" , there was complete silence, her mom said who is this, I told her who I was, she then told me we lost Penny at the end of January.... I am beyond heartbroken...

So please call your friends more often...

B protein coffee, 3/4 c ff cottage chesse

4 oz skim milk a few nuts

L spicy peanut satay tuna 3 melbas

D 3 oz baked trout 1/2 c roasted root veggies

S 4 oz skim milk

Tanya

birdiegirl
on 4/2/15 8:40 pm

RNY  6 Years Post Op

Morning

So sorry for your loss Tanya.  I have lost 5 good friends in the past 2 years to cancer - another just entered hospice on Wednesday.  I am still in my 50's so its tough when they are still young.  I agree that staying in touch is important.  I regularly have dinners with my friends and golf games of course.  I can get quite emotional when I think of all of their smiling faces - however I  try to ensure I don't complain about the small things anymore.

I lost my sister in law post surgery and it was one of the reasons I put weight on - she was one of my biggest supporters.  I just didn't give a damn for awhile.  DONT eat your feelings as it really doesn't help.

Going to have another easy day today as I am still tired - last of the spring training baseball games this evening which will be fun.

STEPS - 8830

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake blended with 1 banana and ice

L - 1 cup of crock pot shredded taco chicken

1/3 cup of shredded cheddar melted on top

S - coffee and biscotti - yeah I know

D - Hot Italian sausage on a bun for ease of eating at the game.  I have the whole bun totals in - unlikely I will eat it all

S - handful of trail mix

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,697,  Carbs - 104 Grams,  Fat - 58 Grams,  Protein - 90 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

Patm
on 4/2/15 10:31 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I am sorry Tanya. Losing a friend is very hard.

I spend 5 hours in emerg yesterday. Since I am on blood thinners the gp wanted to rule out a bleed.  Fortunately I just have a mild concussion. By the time I came home I was so tired I slept for 12 hours. I had hoped to do a lot of cleaning today but with the continued headache and knee pain I do not think I will get much done. I foresee a nap in my future.

b greek yogurt, granola, raspberries

l cheese omelette, yogurt

d pork tenderloin, salad , avacado

Have a good day everyone

birdiegirl
on 4/2/15 11:23 pm

Take care of that concussion - mild or not eh Pat?  Hope you give yourself some time.

Karen M.
on 4/3/15 12:53 am - Mississauga, Canada

Oh my god Pat, I just read yesterday's post that you had blacked out and fallen! I'm really glad you went to the ER and glad to see it's just a mild concussion but my god woman, what happened? Do they have any idea why you might have passed out?

Take it easy today - cleaning or anything else can wait. xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 4/3/15 2:42 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I think I passed out because I ate cabbage and shortly after had a granola bar. I know that is weird but it created a lot of abdominal pain. Probably trapped gas. I got up to go lay down and a few steps later I passed out. I did in my knees and hit my head. Scared DH with a lot of blood from the gash in my head

Taking it very easy today or headache comes back

Karen M.
on 4/3/15 5:05 am - Mississauga, Canada

No doubt it scared him and you too I'm sure. Glad you're on the mend!

Karen

libra1
on 4/3/15 10:08 am - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Thank goodness you have the long weekend to rest. Take care of yourself.

Zizzler
on 4/3/15 12:49 am

Tanya I am so sorry to hear about your friend, that is rough.  So happy to see that you are back on the horse today though, that is great.

Pat, sorry to hear about your fall, I hope you feel better soon. 

When I am down I try to do some self-care stuff like a nice hot bath, a massage, any type of home beauty treatment really helps. 

I am attempting to psych myself up to do some spring cleaning, my place looks like a disaster zone.  I honestly don't know where to start, it is overwhelming.  But at least physically I am able to do it more easily now with less weight on my body.  I am going to use the cleaning as my exercise for today, not sure if my gym is open. 

Had a craving for a banana and had one the house I had been meaning to freeze for shakes so of course I ate it. 23 carbs per banana is a lot but at least there is some nutrition there versus other junk, could be worse. What amazes me is how many calories in peanut butter, whoa, 3 tbs was 270 calories! I was thinking of getting some of that pb2 from the low carb grocery, only 55 calories for 2 tbs.

7 months post-op

b - premier protein shake, half a banana with peanut butter

s - other half of banana with peanut butter...later sf pink lemonade Dasani water

l - egg salad with celery, full sour pickle

s - sf mango lemonade Dasani water, later...hot homemade protein oats - oat bran, flax, protein powder, skim milk powder, peach sf davinci syrup, toasted almonds, toasted us coconut, chia seeds

d - egg salad with celery, full sour pickle

s - lf swiss cheese microwave "chips"

all vits and water

Calories: 1091, protein: 99g, carbs: 69g, fat: 53g

Karen M.
on 4/3/15 1:20 am - Mississauga, Canada

3 tablespoons is a lot of peanut butter, I'm not surprised the count would be high lol

I hear you on the "spring cleaning" and being overwhelming. Finding the start point is the biggest hurdle. While I'm not having to do a major spring clean, I am reorganizing/downsizing before Andrew moves in and the mere mention of the word "basement" makes me anxious. lol We've been working on it together which has helped immensely since he has no emotional attachment to any of my "stuff". Just start anywhere. One small job will lead to the next and before you know it, it'll be done. :)

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics