What are you eating/doing today? (Saturday)

Zizzler
on 4/24/15 5:27 pm

Good morning! Went to sleep at 8pm last night so my eyes popped open at 230am!  I may head back to sleep for a bit but I am awake now so here goes.  Plan is to do my yoga class this morning, then value village as my pants are getting loose again, even though the weight has not changed. Also need more premier protein shakes, hopefully they are on sale this week, it is painful paying 29.99 when last time I bought I got them on sale for 20.99. So happy to have a day off with no overtime to do, going to enjoy it.  I borrowed the book "Wild" from he library, anyone else read this?  I saw the movie and really liked it.  Have a great day everyone!

8 months post-op

b -  premier protein shake, later...xl decaf coffee

s - simply protein bar, later...sf grape dasani

l - low carb protein granola in skim milk

s - small apple with plain greek yogurt

d - 2 fish sticks with mixed vegetables

s - sf chocolate almond breeze, heated

all water and vits

birdiegirl
on 4/24/15 7:35 pm

RNY  6 Years Post Op

Morning

Wow - I had my response almost completed and my whole screen just went black. 

Zizzler I enjoyed the book - a real page turner.  That's great you are getting into smaller clothes - helps when you are in a stall.  The other thing I would recommend is a more protein dense diet.  Dense meats - chicken are your friend - along with water - as you progress.  I would be starving on your menu today.  I am just trying to give you suggestions as I know we all have our own journey to travel.

STEPS - still a little sluggish

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

S - Ham - cheese - pickle roll up made with blue menu products

L - 1/2 cup of tomato - pepper - onion and feta salad ( I would eat more but this is all that's left!)

4 oz grilled chicken

D - 2 cups of kale salad

4 oz beef tenderloin

mixed grilled veg with goat cheese ( 1 oz) sprinkled on top - peppers-zuchinni-onions-green beans-squash

slice of tomato

S - Source dessert yogurt ( 35 calorie)-homemade stewed rhubarb made with splenda - 1 TB of fibre one and a squirt or two of FF whip

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,187,  Carbs - 56 Grams,  Fat - 57 Grams,  Protein - 115 Grams

All water - 3 litres - all vits

Have a great one 

Zizzler
on 4/25/15 2:27 am

Thanks for the tip about protein.  I changed up my lunch to extra lean kielbasa slices and a full sour pickle, and it is indeed very filling compared to other foods.  I think I will throw some meat in the slowcooker today and make something to put in the freezer for next week. Or I might make a meatloaf, have not made that in a while. I can't wait to start the book, glad you liked it too.

Patm
on 4/24/15 10:44 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning. Hope you get a nap Zizzler. Reading always helps me go back to sleep.

Went to a Beer festival last night. Stayed long enough for dh to have some different beers then left. Way too cold. We had intended to eat there but it was just too cold. Came home and I made an omelette.

Busy day today. Off soon to walk the dog. Need to make some sandwiches then head over to help with a Tea today. At some point I need to buy groceries

b greek yogurt, sunrise cereal, raspberries

l spiced chicken with mayo, yogurt

s apple

d chicken, kale salad

Have a good day everyone

Zizzler
on 4/25/15 2:29 am

Tea parties are so awesome, have fun today.

new_me180
on 4/25/15 12:05 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Morning all. Just woke up and i'm happy to say i'm getting and feeling much better. When i got home yesterday, i was in a little pain so i figured i'd have my prescription delivered later on that day. I lived to regret that decision. It took forever for the script to come and i almost contemplated on going to emerge for some pain relief as i had gone for almost 8 hrs without anything, i was almost in tears, never again. I took the percocets at 6 pm when they got there and i didn't get any relief until i took the 2nd dose at midnight. After that, i slept like a baby woke up this morning with just a mild ache. This time i made sure to take my meds before it gets too late. I just can't bring my head at how much less pain i'm in since the beginning of this ordeal. I thought i'd have that pain forever but, i'm happy now.

Ziz, hope you have a good rest later on.

18 months post op (yesterday)

B - crustless quiche

L - scrambled egg

S - tuna

D - 2 oz chicken breast, tbsp sweet potato mash

S - 2 chicken deli slices.

Have a great day all, Nia.

NewMe2.0
on 4/25/15 12:42 am, edited 4/25/15 12:43 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

I am so glad you are feeling better today..

yikes, having trouble posting...erased my post and then wouldn't repost...will try and send you a pm.

V

• Referral:  Feb 2013/ Guelph  
  • RNY May 20th 2014 (Dr. Bhojani)                                                                         
  • 2nd RNY (revision due to marginal ulcers) Aug. 10th 2015 ( Dr. Bhojani)  
  • Revision to VSG (marginal ulcers): March 22nd 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)
  • Total Gastrectomy:  Dec. 15th 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)

Zizzler
on 4/25/15 2:31 am

I did get in a nap for a few hours, thanks for asking.  Sorry to hear about your pain, glad to hear it is under control.  One day at a time eh?

TanyaLH
on 4/25/15 12:33 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

22 months post op

steps 9673

Morning all,

Zizz, enjoy your yoga and your nap :)

Did you ladies know that Premier changed their formula for their shakes, and no longer use whey isolate. They now use a cheaper formula. Not sure if it matters but I thought we absorb isolate better then any other whey. So they changed the formula to something cheaper and then jacked the price up...how nice of them.

Nia, healthy healing vibes to you :)

Barb, i started the new job last week, liking it alot. Enjoy your day :)

House hold chores today so Jasper and I can do another group walk tomorrow morning. We both enjoy these :)

B 1/2 c ff cottage cheese 1/2 c source greek yogurt, protein coffee

S coffee

L 1 cup chicken chili, 2 tostadas 

D 1/2 of a 6 inch subway tuna sub, without the bread and lots of veggies

S greek yogurt

be well everyone

Tanya

Zizzler
on 4/25/15 2:36 am

I heard about the change and asked my centre about it. I was told by my centre that they were still recommending them and to keep taking them as usual.  I am not impressed that they upped the price and lowered the quality and am actively looking for a better replacement at a reasonable price, so far no luck.  Even at 29.99 that is still less than 2 dollars, way less than any other options out there.  If anyone has a reasonably priced ready-made shake that they would recommend that would be great.

Most Active
Recent Topics