First real craving post-op

Meggles07
on 5/7/15 5:19 pm - Canada

I'm two months post-op, and I guess it couldn't last forever -- but I'm currently having a very strong craving for pop. My brother has been drinking a can of my favourite, and thankfully it is gone because I could almost reach out and take a sip. I know how bad that would be, but I'm so tired of drinking water and mio. I must be strong!! :)

Monica9811
on 5/7/15 8:12 pm, edited 5/7/15 8:12 pm - Peterborough, Canada

The cravings pass and pop does not taste the same as before. I've had the odd sip here and there and it does nothing for me. Don't miss it at all. You also wouldn't feel good even taking a sip right now because you are only 2 months out. 

Karen M.
on 5/8/15 4:07 am - Mississauga, Canada

Yeah, pop wouldn't be a wise idea at this point. There are lots of ways to jazz up water though, and not just Mio. Crystal Light has a lot of flavours and you can always mix and match some different combinations. I find all of the flavours very gross myself so instead I often infuse something into water (in a jug in the fridge). Some of my favourites are sliced limes tossed into the jug, or lemons, or cucumber and a little mint, or a couple of chunks of watermelon. Infusing adds a faint flavour, not overpowering like Mio and CL. There are also lots of hot beverages you could enjoy - decaf coffee/tea, huge variety of herbal teas, etc.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Seyenna
on 5/8/15 7:29 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

My favorite way to drink water is crystal lite, the lemon-lime kind, and I only use half a packet per water bottle. The only other ones I like are the various iced tea kinds, and nestea coconut pineapple.. again very watered down.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Meggles07
on 5/9/15 9:00 am - Canada

Those are all good ideas!! I'm going to buy some limes as I really like those with water. I'm also going to try the watermelon tomorrow since we are getting a fruit tray for our mother's day lunch.  I have tried several of the mios and CL and found a few that I like, and I agree that many of them are gross. I guess I was just most surprised that after everything that's passed in front of me, the real craving is for pop. I figured it would be chocolate or some other junk food 

Most Active
Recent Topics