Worried

Amanda F.
on 5/5/15 3:29 am - Oshawa, Canada

Hello everyone, my surgery is coming up quickly on May 11. Recently I posted that I have an alternative diet than optifast for 3 weeks before surgery and I am just worried my liver wont shrink enough. I started at 316.6 and today I am 297.6 so Yippe (Hello 200s, how have I missed you). So 19 pounds lost in just over 2 weeks. I am sorry for ranting, As the time gets closer I keep getting more nervous.

Karen M.
on 5/5/15 3:34 am - Mississauga, Canada

You do sound nervous. Slow down, take a breath. I am sure your liver is going to be just fine on the alternate diet that you were given to follow. If it's any consolation, 9 years ago when I had surgery there was no such thing as Optifast! I did a high protein, low/NO carb diet (ie. lean meat and green veggies) for a couple of weeks (they only required one week, I was excited. lol) and my liver was JUST FINE.  Yours will be too.

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Amanda F.
on 5/5/15 3:56 am - Oshawa, Canada

Thank you Karen, I really appreciate it. I think my nerves about surgery are getting the best of me. I am just so excited and so thankful for this opportunity.

Karen M.
on 5/6/15 3:41 am - Mississauga, Canada

The nerves and worry are totally normal, Amanda. I found peace prior to surgery in knowing that I was doing the right thing for my morbidly obese body and finally being given the opportunity to work towards health.

Are you going through Humber?

Karen

Amanda F.
on 5/6/15 6:19 am - Oshawa, Canada

Yes Karen, I am going through Humber. I actually have Dr. Starr & Dr. Klein as my surgeons. What a lucky girl I am. I had abdominal surgery as a baby and there will be scar tissue so Dr. Starr requested to have 2 bariatric surgeons working on me. Which is another reason I think I am even more nervous. But thank you for your support I really appreciate it. :)

Karen M.
on 5/6/15 6:28 am - Mississauga, Canada

I'm a Humber graduate myself, 9 years ago with Dr. Hagen. You're in excellent hands. :)

Karen

Catw
on 5/5/15 5:21 am - Arnprior, Canada

As long as you are sticking to the diet that the clinic gave you, then there is no need to worry.  You're liver will be fine.  If this diet wouldn't work, they wouldn't have given it to you.

Not long now, and you'll be on the bench!  See you there.

Cathy

mum2TNT
on 5/5/15 11:16 am - Oshawa, Canada

You are doing awesome Amanda....push those worries aside.  You have come a long way, you are following a different but just as successful pre-op diet your centre gave you.  You got this girl!!!

Chrissy  ~~~  doctor referral May 29/14; info session Aug 18/14surgeon appt Dr. Starr  Oct 15/14dietitian, social worker & nurse Dec 11/142nd appts dietitian, SW & nurse Jan 19/15;  Dr. Glazer Feb 25/15; 2 weeks OPTIFAST April 15/15; surgery date April 29/15    AGE: 48   HEIGHT: 5'6"  

Amanda F.
on 5/6/15 6:19 am - Oshawa, Canada

Thank you! you are doing awesome yourself! You are pushing through the first week like a champ.

Mary Gee
on 5/5/15 4:54 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Amanda, it's not unusual to get nervous as your surgery date approaches.  This is a life-changing surgery, and you will be so happy once you are on The Losers' Bench.  In the meantime, it's a roller coaster of emotions, up and down, scary and thrilling.  You'll be fine, just hold tight for this crazy ride!

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Most Active
Recent Topics