New to the group

Ready4chg
on 6/8/15 11:19 am - Canada

Hi I am new to the group and I have been following the posts  for about a month now and I just want to say a great big thank you to everyone in this group! These forums have helped to remove any doubts I had about WLS! It has provided me with a huge support  network to know that I don't have to go this life change alone! I'm. Not sure how put all the fancy features on my posts but I have my second nurse, diet, sw visit on June 10th@ GGH! Anyone out there that can tell what expect?! TIA

tatirod
on 6/8/15 11:28 am - Toronto, Canada

I'm not that far enough to tell you about the process, but I can tell you how to edit your signature and picture. At the top right you will see a little icon of a person. Click that and then Settings. From there you can update all sorts of things (picture is called an avatar there). :)

Welcome me to the forums. I'm new, too.

Referral: February 2015; TWH Orientation: April 2015; Social Worker: June 10, 2015: Nurse Practitioner: June 11, 2015; Nutrition Class: June 15, 2015; Psychometry Assessment: June 16, 2015; Nutrition Assessment: July 22, 2015; NP follow-up: July 28, 2015; Surgeon Consult: August 28, 2015; Surgery: November 6, 2015; Operation: VSG

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/15 11:41 am

I went through Guelph and your second set of appointments are basically like the first, but the dietitian will check your food log, go over things with you, what you could be doing more or less of. But try to remember they are so nice there and just want to help you. Good Luck

Ready4chg
on 6/8/15 7:12 pm - Canada

Thanks just trying figure out when I will get the go ahead for surgery! And thanks for the warm welcome and the help with updating my profile!

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/15 8:27 pm

If all goes well with your 2nd visit and all three put you through, then you will be put through for post op class, next step after that would be meet the surgeon and thats when you would get your date!!

Catw
on 6/8/15 12:18 pm - Arnprior, Canada

I'm out of Ottawa, so I can't help.  Just wanted to welcome you to the group.

Cathy

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/15 11:33 pm

I went through Windsor clinic and surgery in Guelph and they were superb. I'm truly in awe of these people who are sincere with what they do......they're impressive.

Good luck!

T. drouillard
on 6/9/15 11:32 am - windsor, Canada

I am from Windsor and just starting out my journey , can you give me some info on the Windsor clinic ?? Thank you :) 

(deactivated member)
on 6/10/15 1:13 am

Sure, they are very nice. It's important to do the homework given to you. Keep your appts as best you can, it shows determination. They are very knowledgable, some of the stuff you'll hear twice but just go with the flow. After Windsor approves you, you will then go to Toronto or Guelph. I went to Guelph and it was awesome, they were awesome and helpful.

You can't rush the process, I was a year from orientation to surgery day, it will be here before you know it!

Good luck :)

SmallPlates
on 6/9/15 3:48 am - Canada

I have my first appointment with NP at GGH on June 15 (changed from June 10).  We are on the same track and I look forward to following your journey.

For all the "fancy stuff" got to settings and message board and you can add appointments and track your weight loss, etc.

SmallPlates HW: 281 ~ Referral May 14 W 268 BMI 43 Bloodwork June 3  Orientation GGH June 4.  NP June 15 W 264 RD/SW July 7  Sleep Study KW Aug 4 Trio Aug 17  Cracving Change Sept Sept 10, 17. 24  Trio Oct 19 

Most Active
Recent Topics