Strange back pain question

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/15 8:26 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I put up with the attacks on and off for 4 years then I had mine removed.  In hindsight, I wish I would of had it removed after the first few attacks.  They can do x-rays and/or ultrasound to check your gallbladder to see if you have stones.  Large stones are not the problem, it's the small gravelly ones that try to get out and get stuck that cause all the pain. I let mine go too long and ended up going for emergency surgery for it.  I"d see your family doc to discuss as you don't need your WLS surgeon to look into it.

Smallermenow
on 6/17/15 10:30 pm

Thank you so much for all of your help Tracey!  I will talk to someone in the morning.

Julie

Delicious_Delilah
on 6/17/15 7:50 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Could be gallbladder.  Sounds like it. And quite common post-weight loss, though had my gallbladder removed prior to RNY.

My internal hernia also radiated from front through to my back. But that pain didn't go away...only got worse and required emergency surgery. 

DD

Carol W.
on 6/17/15 8:55 pm - Hurst, TX

I had my gallbladder out April 22nd 2015 and then started having that particular kind of pain a week after. I had a barium xray, ct with contrast, x rays and endoscopy and it turned out I had to have exploratory surgery only to find it was an ulcer at the top of the fundus that has burst, then created a strawlike neck and then a pouch which was absessed. He was able to take it out and resection while doing the exploratory surgery. So I am third day recovering in hospital and that pain like my bra strap is too tight leading to other things is gone. I do still have pressure under sternum and its healing. 

Carol W.
on 6/17/15 8:57 pm - Hurst, TX

PS. My gallbladder had no stones, just hurt under my right rib. I was five years out from gastric sleeve when gallbladder stopped working and just hurting/spasming. A week after the healing from that surgery the pain began. 

Most Active
Recent Topics