Strange back pain question

Smallermenow
on 6/17/15 4:11 pm

Hi all.  I had RNY on April 24, 2015.  I am having some strange back pain that I am wondering if any one else has experienced.  It starts off feeling like my bra is too tight.  Then it becomes like being stabbed in the middle of my back and the pain radiates all the way around to my front.  It causes me to be nauseous and sometimes have to run to the bathroom and have a BM.  I asked the doctor about it at my one month follow up and he didn't think it was related to the surgery, but I don't know what else it could be.  Never had it before surgery.  It doesn't seem to be related to eating anything.  It happens at any time.  No rhyme or reason.  Thanks for your help.

Julie

elliecat
on 6/17/15 5:09 pm - Canada

Gallbladder???  

Terri

Orientation HRRH Jan 26/15 Meet Dr. Starr June 11/15 Sleep Study June 22/15 Trio appt Aug 12/15 Transfer to Dr. Hagen Aug 4/15, Meet Dr. Hagen Aug 13/15, Dr. Glazer Aug 14/15! Surgery Sept 14/15

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/15 5:18 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

That was exactly how my gallbladder attacks felt.  Not sure if you still have yours or not.

Smallermenow
on 6/17/15 5:49 pm

I do still have my gallbladder.  Do the attacks start in your back?  Every thing that I have read about them seem to say the pain is in the front right side under the ribcage.

Julie

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/15 5:52 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Your gallbladder is under your rib cage on the right but my pain always started in my back under my bra line.  Always felt like my bra was cutting into my back but way more painful that just that then it would sometimes move around to the front and I barfed up bile.  I had mine prior to WLS so you may not be able to barf being post op.  Lots of pain and nausea then often vomitting and diarrhea that was just full of yellow bile.

Smallermenow
on 6/17/15 5:56 pm

That sounds exactly like what I am having.  And no, I havent been able to vomit being post op.  Thank you for your response.  Now at least I have a place to start.  Thought I was going nuts. 

Julie

Karen M.
on 6/17/15 6:05 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I'm with Tracy - sounds like gallbladder. My attacks started the same way.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Robyn R.
on 6/17/15 6:25 pm - Bowmanville, Canada

Can I ask who your surgeon was?  I'm having the same issue. Started about 8 weeks post op & my gallbladder is gone. Surgeon apparently has no idea why. Wondering if it's a technique thing

Referral Summer 2012, Orientation June 10/13 HRRH, Dr Hagen July 3/13, Dr Glazer, RN/RD/SW September 19/13, Dr Hagen October 10/13, Surgery January 21/14

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/370613/tickers/robynrne2b9ddd6b097c6ab0185ec57651b7f22.png?1392080601

HW 290  Opti Start Weight 280.9  Surgery Weight 264.8 CW 207

Smallermenow
on 6/17/15 10:32 pm

Hi.  My surgeon was Dr. Todd Penner at TWH.  I am about 7 weeks post op.  I am going to call a nurse at TWH tomorrow and see what she says.

Julie

Smallermenow
on 6/17/15 6:31 pm

Did you guys get your gallbladder removed.  What did you do to fix it??

Julie

Most Active
Recent Topics