Surgeon Apt.

Nickaroo
on 6/19/15 8:26 am - Windsor, Canada

Can anyone give me some insight with what happens at the surgeon appointment?

I'm in Windsor doing all the leg work at Hotel Dieu Grace Hospital, I have my Surgical Education Class on June 25th, and then my file will go to Guelph for the Surgeon.

Thanks in Advance!

-Nick

Referral Date: November 5th, 2014, Orientation Date: January 8th @ Windsor Assessment Centre, Nurse Apt: March 6th, Social Worker Apt: March 10, Nutrition Class: March 17th, Doctor Apt: April 23, Dietician Apt: May 6th, Social Worker Follow Up May 6th,  Doctor Follow Up Apt: June 4, Surgical Class Apt: June 25h, Surgeon Apt: TBA, Surgery: TBA

jdance
on 6/19/15 9:52 am - Canada

Hi Nick,

congrats on getting your appointment.

guelph is an awesome facility. From what I remember, the surgeon asks you a bunch of questions, what are your plans after surgery, i think he wants to make sure you're committed, They will tell what they plan to do and ask if you have any questions.  A little scary because they have the power to cancel if they feel you aren't right. But they also have all the files from the professionals you worked with up to this point.

Best of luck on your journey.

TaraB3660
on 6/19/15 4:53 pm

My surgeon Judy asked if I was ready? Said yes, signed a consent and told me to see the booking nurse. I have surgery Aug 18

This G.
on 6/19/15 7:36 pm - Canada

Mine went over my medical history, but I think HRRH operates differently. We meet with the surgeon first. 

p.s you have an awesome smile.  

Surgeon: Dr Hagen. Start Opti Aug 18th. Surgery Sept 1st 2015

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/15 12:10 am

They just go over what the surgeries are, ask you which one you think would be best and then talk about it. I went through Windsor, then Guelph for surgery......you are in GREAT hands. Mine was one year to the day from Windsor orientation to surgery. Everything went fine. Surgical class is stuff you probably went over already in orientation but go to it, then wait for your appt. The only thing that may make a diff in timing I would think is bcz it's summer and holidays.....either way Nickaroo, it's worth the wait :)

Most Active
Recent Topics