Sushi?

HoorayForPeePee
on 6/24/15 5:56 pm

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but if there's a search function I can't see it from my phone. Anyone know how sushi fits into the pre-op diet? I assume the fish, fruit, and vegetable fillings would be good, but the rice not so much. Is there a way to guesstimate the amount of rice? Any other sushi lovers who can give me the lowdown?   Also, wondering about pickled herring. The Scandinavian kind, raw pieces on tiny pieces of rye bread. I do plan on doing my own googling and research  when I have time, but just wondering if anyone knows about these two things in the meantime.

This G.
on 6/24/15 7:24 pm - Canada

The key is to be well balanced and to watch your portion size. 

Try sashimi instead of nigiri and maki rolls. You should also be mindful of how much soy sauce you are using.  

Try myfitnesspal for the other. 

Karen M.
on 6/25/15 4:30 am - Mississauga, Canada

There is a search function in the top right corner (little magnifying glass) but you likely can't see it on your phone, you're right.

I second the idea of inputting it into myfitnesspal - I'm sure there are lots of sushi listings that would match what you're trying to analyze.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

redviking
on 6/27/15 10:42 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

I'm almost one year post op and I eat sashimi, miso soup and tataki  at sushi restuarants.  I'm also Danish (my user name might give it away) I eat pickled herring, smoked salmon and gravlox but I usually skip the bread. 

Enjoy!

Referral: Nov 12   Sleep Study: Feb 13   Orientation: Feb 13  1st appt NSWD: May 13   2nd appt NSWD July 13  2nd Sleep Study: Dec 13   Post Op Nut: April 14 Meet Dr. Pereira-Hong: May 14  PATTS: July 8 14   Surgery: July 22 14

Most Active
Recent Topics